Gibson Brands Forums

Other songs that sound similar

Rabs

I heard them talking on the radio about the whole Stairway debate... And talking about other songs that could be effected by the result of this case..

They mentioned this one and, lol, I never even noticed before and its so obvious [rolleyes] :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdSqpT6gfDU

What other songs do you know of sound the same of have a ripped of riff...

I always found the main groove to Robbie Dupree's Steal Away to be nearly identical to that of What A Fool Believes, by the Doobie Brothers.

The two songs do not share a similar melody in the lyrics, not at all.

But the drum beat and keyboard grooves are very, very similar!

<_<

...The two songs do not share a similar melody in the lyrics, not at all.

But the drum beat and keyboard grooves are very, very similar!

<_<

Another:

"Help The Poor" by Robben Ford.....

The "Billie Jean" groove and bassline VERY prominent....

I cant see what Rabs has inserted because its not displaying on my PC. So hopefully its not these:

Moon Shadow - Cat Stevens

Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield

Its as if Oldfield rewrote his song with the subliminal memory of the Stevens song. Similar title, similar melody. I'm surprised there was no legal copyright claim arose.

As far as 'Taxman' and 'Start' are concerned there actually WAS a bit of a hoo-haa about it at the time of the Jam release but AFAIK nothing more was said.

Going back to 'Stairway...' for a bit, try playing the opening arpeggio section - assuming you might know it - along with this one (I think this is in b-maj - I don't have a guitar to hand) from 1974...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXDf9UwHGF4

Pip.

As far as 'Taxman' and 'Start' are concerned there actually WAS a bit of a hoo-haa about it at the time of the Jam release but AFAIK nothing more was said.

Going back to 'Stairway...' for a bit, try playing the opening arpeggio section - assuming you might know it - along with this one (I think this is in b-maj - I don't have a guitar to hand) from 1974...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXDf9UwHGF4

Pip.

Last track on the EC album "Another Ticket" is called "I Can't Stand It" and uses exactly the same chord sequence throughout as Steve Winwood's "Night Train" off "Arc Of A Diver"; the melody has some similarities too....Clapton always said Winwood was a big inspiration!

....Clapton always said Winwood was a big inspiration!....

They were, of course, together in Blind Faith and there are some really good tracks there.

Pity it was such a short-live project.

Pip.

Archived