Gibson Brands Forums

Mmmm

btoth76

I've never handled one of these, but I imagine they are awkward to handle, not exactly an ergonomic design.

Hello Evans!

So, You are one of those guys who think, looks doesn't matter...

;)

Bence.

Hello Marcos!

As we all know by now, Richlite is reserved for top of the line instruments. Cheap Epis come with ebony (meh!) fingerboards. Stained, or not.

I checked out Mastodon on Youtube... [scared]

Bence.

Hello Marcos!

As we all know by now, Richlite is reserved for top of the line instruments. Cheap Epis come with ebony (meh!) fingerboards. Stained, or not.

Bence.

Ebony (meh!), msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

Yup, the name say's it all: RICHlite, not for a poor dude like me.

It's so sad I never gonna own one of those lovely Lucile's with true-tone paper-glue fingerboard.

And yeah, well Mastodon, really crazy bunch of guys.

Saw some rig videos etc. with them and they always make me lough.

I know may be uneasy listenig for most, and technically not that apt for gourmets, but they're sound is huge and I like it.

Maybe I like it because I am silly and nuts like the guys that play it?eusa_think.gif

I've never handled one of these, but I imagine they are awkward to handle, not exactly an ergonomic design.

If you ever get a chance to play one, sit down and try to hold it on your lap.

I had a cream '76 that I traded off BECAUSE of ergonomics; I couldn't (or rather, didn't want to) hold it the way you demonstrate - felt too unnatural. I wanted to rest it on my right thigh with my right forearm hanging in space, and it just wasn't happening...

I'm sure it may work for others, though. [cool]

I can hardly credit they are putting a real ebony board (so it seems) on an Epiphone and yet use crap richlite on high end Gibson's. [thumbdn]

What is the problem Gibson? Ebony is available. I'd sooner have Macassar ebony (quite attractive actually) than richlite.

1460726351[/url]' post='1761062']

If you ever get a chance to play one, sit down and try to hold it on your lap.

That's what I thought. I've never held one, and always sit when I play at home. Not too crazy with the design either, just not for me. But I do admire any guitar people choose to play.

Bence.

They are great and inspiring to me.

Do you remember the Gibson Bill Kelliher "Halcyon" Les Paul and "Golden Axe" Explorer? Exceptionally great pickups apt for any musical style, and they are splittable:

LPBKGAGH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

DXBKGOGH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=410&width=1000

Yup, the name say's it all: RICHlite, not for a poor dude like me.

It's so sad I never gonna own one of those lovely Lucile's with true-tone paper-glue fingerboard.

[biggrin][thumbup]

And yeah, well Mastodon, really crazy bunch of guys.

Saw some rig videos etc. with them and they always make me lough.

I know may be uneasy listenig for most, and technically not that apt for gourmets, but they're sound is huge and I like it.

Maybe I like it because I am silly and nuts like the guys that play it?eusa_think.gif

They are great players. Don't know if it's appropriate to say on a guitar board, but in particular I'm very impressed by the drummer, by his drumming as well as his vocals.

Anyway, there are not so many metal bands doing such versatile, multifaceted vocal performances.

People addicted to light music are just too lazy to cope with listening! [lol]

You mean they're using imitation Richlite on this thing?

Please.

Good question, hahaha! [biggrin] All kidding aside, same compound material from vendors other than the Richlite Company owning the trademark is usually referred to as phenolic resin.

The Flying V's are rich in history, and much revered.

It's not an insult, however, for a player to admit that they just aren't attracted to them.

I love ALL guitars, but there are only a few that I enjoy owning and playing.

It doesn't make me right and everybody else wrong, it just means that I have my own peculiar tastes, and that somebody else's cup of tea is not necessarily for me.

I think the signature V featured in the original post is a very handsome and kick-a$$ guitar, but I have no desire to actually own one.

It's cool to look at, for sure.

I salute all the great players who have wielded the Flying V, and all those of you about to rock.

[razz]

Archived