Gibson Brands Forums

12string models

Johnt

Basically, it looks like virtually any post-ww2 guitar Gibson built--either acoustic or electric--was also built as a 12 at one point or another, even if it was a very limited run.

And some runs were VERY limited. The Artist-12 supposedly shipped one instrument!

Hey John . . . J-100 Xtra . . B)

Also AJ - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/688-12-string-advanced-jumbo-fullers-anyone-played-it/

AJ 12 pic - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/99485-gibson-aj-12-string/

Regarding electrics - I've seen a coupla 12-string LPs

1995J-100Xtra12x_zpsrblgv7jr.jpg

Dammit BK

I'm losing this battle

KSD and his Blue Ridge and your J200 meant I have at least another 5

MERDE I just read Old Cowboys post with another few Acoustic 12s

I think I'll bow out and thank God for those I have

Scored a SWD 12 today to go with the J200 and HB

Post a family pic next week

All best

The old J165 would make a great platform for a 12 string. Well, not a John Denver 12-string. But a Willie McTell Leadbelly 12-string. Burst, no inlays. Or a J45 12? Would more sense to me than the square body versions. Hellooo, Montana.

Or a J45 12? Would more sense to me than the square body versions. Hellooo, Montana.

That would be the earliest, slope-shoulder B 45-12. Not that easy to find. I've seen just a few over the years, and they bring a premium. The ones I've seen had a trap tail, rather than a pin bridge.

Not sure if they were as good (sound-wise) as the slightly later (1962?) but still early square dread models with the pin bridge, but many of those are in poor structural condition.

That would be the earliest, slope-shoulder B 45-12. Not sure if they were as good (sound-wise) as the slightly later (1962?) but still early square dread models with the pin bridge, but many of those are in poor structural condition.
Hey, Nick. That's the version that had Leo Kottke hooked on Gibsons back when he was starting out. Plays Taylors now, but it was Gibson on "6 and 12 String Guitars".

Hey, Nick. That's the version that had Leo Kottke hooked on Gibsons back when he was starting out. Plays Taylors now, but it was Gibson on "6 and 12 String Guitars".

I've seen him with a variety of 12's, including a D 12-20. Can't find a photo with the B 45-12, unfortunately. I've read about it, but was never sure which version it was.

He's a strange dude, at times, but what a talent!

Heritage 12 in the mid 60's

Heritage 12 mid-late 60's.Jubilee 12 1970-ish.This had a smaller body,but square shoulders & a 12-fret neck.Nice guitar.Think that's it.

Heritage

Blue Ridge

B45-12

Jubilee 12N

B25-12

LG-12

Artist12.

9rosewood

Archived