Gibson Brands Forums

Best place to buy pedal parts?

dbrian66

For a one stop shop my favorite store is smallbear. I've tried them all and overall smallbear has the best selection, best quality parts, and best customer service.

Pedalpartsplus has the best selection of powdercoated enclosures, but overall smallbear is best for components.

If you need help finding a particular component feel free to ask here. I should be able to help you find just about anything

Depends a bit on what you are building and what you are needing, but...

Small Bear, Mammoth, and Pedal Parts Plus are great sources. Sometimes *****es Love My Switches has stuff cheap. Mouser has a ton of stuff too, but I find their site hard to use. A lot of stuff can be had cheap on eBay too if you know what you need - particularly if you are buying in bulk. I get some of my attenuator stuff from Parts Express too and they have bulk discounts as do the others mentioned (though if you are building one pedal this will not be a factor).

Thanks for the advice.

I think I am going to build multiple pedals, but combine them into one enclosure. I got two of these boxes from my work.

E1C29A01-AF62-4D63-A6B7-ED64056B127A_zpsdfugcarv.jpg

91DC7C4B-3B00-495B-9183-16CEB628A34C_zpsef57z3gk.jpg

They were old programmers that they were throwing away. They measure 15 X 8 X 2.5". I thought it would be cool to build it with maybe 4 pedal's inside. One" in " and one "out" and one power supply. Not sure how I want to connect them though. Either figure out what order I want them in and hard wire them internally or make it so I can patch them externally. What do you think, dumb idea?

Not a dumb idea. Depending on what effects you build in there the order might not be worth changing, but if you do want to be able to change the order, I'd do it like you suggested with each effect having it's own input and output that you patch in whichever order you like.

Archived