Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Pic Of Yourself?

Digger

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that leaves us with quite a choice of gemstones to imagine on you fingers there RCT,

"Prior to 1975, only jade and a few agates were known in Wyoming. But within a few decades, Wyoming became the gem capital of North America with the most diverse collection of documented gems of any state in the US. A collection that includes agate, jasper; common opal, fire opal, precious opal, onyx, gold nuggets, pyrope garnet, spessartine garnet, chrome diopside, enstatite, kyanite, iolite, ruby, sapphire, peridot, diamond, specularite, apatite, minyulite, amethyst, aquamarine, jade, almandine, chalcedony, silicified banded iron formation, jasperoid, labradorite, grunerite, amber, chrysocolla, heliodor, varisite, specularite & others."

No Dig, just silver. Index is Tetons:

Left.jpg

Ring finger is Tetons carved in the Silver. Don't thank me for the outstanding photo:

Right.jpg

rct

One thing which seems to be a popular feature is some sort of facial hair.

Of the 11 respondents so far no fewer than 9 feature either a 'full-set' or a moustache which seems disproportionately high.

Is that a typical cross-section of the male spectrum of the world at large? Because the 'clean-shaven' look is by far and away the 'norm' hereabouts.

:-k

Pip.

for me, it's funny because i am completely unable to grow a mustasche or a beard any longer

for me, it's funny because i am completely unable to grow a mustasche or a beard any longer

The deeper people are engaged with art, the less time they have for such a non-sense like shaving.

[rolleyes]

Bence.

There aren't many photo's of me because I hate having my picture taken, I always look a little silly so I've picked the one where I look least silly. The shades help! It was outside of the BB King Museum

P1000209_DxO.jpg

And whilst on the BB theme at the Gibson Memphis showroom, looking slightly startled.

P1010481_DxO.jpg

Ian

I love hearing people on these forums complaining about the cost of guitars. Try horses!!! [angry]

Ron_and_Whiskey.jpg

Tell me about it. I have four Walkers that eat a new Gibsons every two months in hay costs. Fairbanks' long winters means no grazing!

I love this!

So much character tied up in the faces you are showing us!

Definitely some water under the bridge with you guys!

I wouldn't be able to hire any of you out to haunt houses unfortunately. Well done fellas!

No Dig, just silver. Index is Tetons:

Left.jpg

Ring finger is Tetons carved in the Silver. Don't thank me for the outstanding photo:

Right.jpg

rct

Fair enough but I get excited at the thought of gemstones as I've always had an interest in fossicking, cutting and polishing semi-precious stones.

Thanks for the photos.

If I am allowed a second pass at this, I'll offer up a photo of myself playing at a birthday party 30 years ago in 1986 (with some mates, we may have been drinking), right next to one of me with my bandmate Bob, playing the Firehouse Pub, just a few weeks ago.

Man, time can be cruel to yer bones.

[unsure]

180402.png

I kinda like this shot with my middle son, from about 2013. It was the last time I grew a full beard, because my kids started to jokingly call me Gray Beard. [crying]

DSCF0368_zpsnguczobk.jpg

Here's another more recent one I like with my wife. We're at a wedding reception.

DSCF4415_zpsc60e77f1.jpg

I posted this one in the other thread in the Epi Lounge. This was a couple of years ago in Costa Rica, after a day by the pool and a few beers. Enjoying my "once or twice" a year cigar on our room's patio with a frosty Margarita!

da61a07e-7ae7-416c-95b8-322e0239d832_zps3ecaeb7c.jpg

Archived