Gibson Brands Forums

Prince is dead...

pippy

Yeah he was awesome...

This has done the rounds before but this is a great example

And I saw this vid quite recently about how he performed in the rain at the Superbowl... He was a proper pro musician in every way

This sounds sketchy though................

Prince was hospitalized last week after his plane for was forced to make an emergency landing in Moline, Ill. Released a few hours later, a rep told TMZ that he had been battling a bad case of the flu.

Weird sequence ending with today.

Besides the pop image, the guy was a stellar guitarist. For years you never knew it if you just listened to recordings. Live, the guy was a revelation. His guitar chops were impeccable. Very sorry to hear of his death.

I remember hearing about the hospitalization since that happened here in the great state of Illinois but I never realized how severely ill he was. I wonder if he had other conditions he was dealing with.

Very sad. As stated before, under-rated guitarist and a great artist.

Well, "Captain Kirk" Douglas's (broken) Epiphone Crestwood, that was smashed by "Prince," on Jimmy Fallon,

will be worth a LOT more, now! [tongue]

CB

How could you forget that story....

But then came the mother-of-all guitar tosses--a true iconic rock and roll TV moment--but not the kind you want to be part of. At the end of "Bambi" in a moment of performance bravado, Prince threw down the Crestwood and crack went the headstock, and crack went Kirk's heart (and ours too). Within minutes, word of the incident went out around the world:

http://www.epiphone.com/news-features/features/2013/kirk-douglas-the-epiphone-interview.aspx

Archived