Gibson Brands Forums

Prince is dead...

pippy

I heard it earlier today and they were interviewing a musician that played with Prince. He said that you always had to be careful what you were playing, because no matter the instrument of you made a mistake it was not unlike Prince to grab the instrument and show you how to play it correctly. He was the consummate musician,and I believe that he was not recognized for his music prowess.

RIP:Prince

Oh , he had just played here in Atlanta,and attendees said that he never gave an indication of being that ill.He said he was fighting a flu virus.

Really shocking and awful. I was texting with a friend from Minneapolis today when the news came out. All he texted was oh my God, Prince just died. I texted back What did you say?

Healthy youngish people rarely die from the flu.

Certainly is a huge loss and a real shock because he was still relatively young but I disagree as far as underrated. If you're a fan of guitar at all, you know of Prince's legendary chops.

Cookie, not referring to his guitar playing, he was accomplished on so many other instruments,His guitar playing was what seemed to come to the forefront,and that is what many focused on.

One of a kind, innovative, creative, awesome guitarist but more than anything else, he didn't sell out. He had a vision of what his sound was and he pursued it. It is not fair to compare greats to other greats, but he reminded me of Zappa in many ways. Not that they sounded alike, but they had a high standard for themselves and it wasn't for sale. RIP Prince.

I got a news flash on my phone from a news App i have while I was at band rehearsal. I suddenly blurted out Oh My God, prince is dead... I couldn't believe it... Starting to get ugly now as they are saying it was drug related. I find that very hard to believe. I wish the media would have the curticy to wait for the autopsy results to report such a thing!

Shocked as I heard before we left for our trip in Branson Missouri. Way too young. He was 3 years younger then my wife. I wasn't much into Prince but I loved his Purple Rain. We went to legends last night down here and they were saying that Prince could play every instrument. Piano, Drums. Base and lead guitar, keyboards, Sax, Everything. RIP

Archived