Gibson Brands Forums

Brian Johnson finally speaks about what happened

Rabs

Rose is just too much of a d**k, sad thing is he is from about 70 miles from where I live and I still would not walk across the street to see him free.

Well, yes I can see why a lot of people hate Axl...but he did write Estranged, Breakdown, November Rain and many more songs which are fantastic. Plus, the lyrics from Coma are some of my favourites. When I was young I listened to G N' R mainly for the music side of things anyway and Slash's guitar playing, so didn't really think too much about Axl's bad views on certain subjects or his long rants during the 'Illusion' concerts. Axl's history is meant to have been abusive from his step Dad IIRC and then he suffers from depression or bi-polar. I think he had a lot of psychological problems...so kind of explains a lot. I still think he is a fantastic frontman, even if he turned G N'R into an awful band post 1997 after Slash, Duff and Matt left.

In regards to Brian, it's a shame...but have you ever been to an AC/DC concert? The loudest band I have ever seen. I was scared of going deaf myself! Put loads of tissue paper in my ears and stuck my fingers in my ears too. Was an awesome gig, but I was scared of the noise levels...really scared!!

I read a story where Roger Daltrey ripped the band for what he considered their "curt" statement regarding Brian Johnson. The public statements I read from both the band and from Brian seemed polite and respectful to me. Did I miss something? :-k

Saturn, and everyone else, for that matter: protect your hearing. Even if you're fine now. Perfect example, for want of a better phrase: Jeff Beck. Not a problem. Had been playing for ages. Then he soundchecked one night - I believe it was for a GNR guest appearance in Paris - and next thing you know, he's on his way to the hospital!

I remember the GW quote a year or so later: "It's almost unbearable now".

And short of a miracle, like has been posted in the thread before: hearing damage is cumulative. Once those little hairs in your inner ear goes, they're GONE.

That soundcheck was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back for mr. Beck. Again, cumulative.

Be careful.

I read a story where Roger Daltrey ripped the band for what he considered their "curt" statement regarding Brian Johnson. The public statements I read from both the band and from Brian seemed polite and respectful to me. Did I miss something? :-k

Read that a few days ago.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-daltrey-calls-ac-dc-with-axl-rose-karaoke-20160422#ixzz46bmEiQS3

Archived