Gibson Brands Forums

My new J45

songman

Thanks, yes I noticed it too, but only in the photo, it isn't really all that noticeable in real. In my music room I however immediately turned on the humidifier and also when not playing I inserted the Oasis humidifier in the sound hole. Actually my Larrivee has it a bit too. In the winter I really have to watch things because it can get dry (30% relative humidity). Having said all this, I do find that my guitars sound best when a touch on the dry side, say 38-42% relative humidity. Can anyone relate to that?

Yes, I can - there's a 'sweet spot' that's sometimes difficult to achieve, but you can definitely hear it.

Cheers, Bob

PS Once again to all, thanks so much for the warm welcome!!

Sweet, reminds me somewhat of the smell inside my Martin's when they were new.

Aha, , , have to say I find the G's very vanilla-cookie-sweet - where the M's seem more masculine, , , in the direction of aftershave or survived 1950's gin.

Like them both immensely - but never place a G in an M case and vice versa !

... I do find that my guitars sound best when a touch on the dry side, say 38-42% relative humidity. Can anyone relate to that?

Absolutely can relate, hence, the old chestnut: "when they're dry, they do sound great- just before they explode."

Aha, , , have to say I find the G's very vanilla-cookie-sweet - where the M's seem more masculine, , , in the direction of aftershave or survived 1950's gin.

Like them both immensely - but never place a G in an M case and vice versa !

I think this is how black holes are started, or maybe how they are reversed. Sort of like how the Ghostbusters crossed the streams in the end.

Congrats! I'm just into my 4th year with my J45 Standard, I love it more every day! It sounded great on day 1 but keeps getting better. Makes me wonder why I waited so long to get one, but better late than never I suppose. Enjoy that work of art and play the heck out of it.

Archived