Gibson Brands Forums

9 WWII Gibson Guitars (Video)

BirdMan81

Good vids there -

I assume you know that the guy behind this project, John Thomas, is a member here who sometimes chimes in, not only with his own themes, but also with contributions to other threads and topics. Though not all the Banners are his, Thomas is a collector himself, , , and performing player too.

The Banner mission was a great job and one of those things that sooner or later had to be done. Couldn't have been executed better than by mister J.T., who combines heart'n'mind in ideal balance.

As said, maybe you know this already, but let's not forget there are others looking at these pages.

In case you were unaware, it's now lit up - and you'll probably meet further down Board River. .

Good vids there -

I assume you know that the guy behind this project, John Thomas, is a member here who sometimes chimes in, not only with his own themes, but also with contributions to other threads and topics. Though not all the Banners are his, Thomas is a collector himself, , , and performing player too.

The Banner mission was a great job and one of those things that sooner or later had to be done. Couldn't have been executed better than by mister J.T., who combines heart'n'mind in ideal balance.

As said, maybe you know this already, but let's not forget there are others looking at these pages.

In case you were unaware, it's now lit up - and you'll probably meet further down Board River. .

Sorry if these vids have been covered in a previous thread already...just thought they were cool

Wow, thanks for flagging my videos. Thanks, too, for the kind words.

That first video brings back great memories of the recording sessions that resulted in the CD companion to Kalamazoo Gals. what great fun that was. The CD went on to peak at number 2 or 3 on the national folk radio play list.

The second video is of the Kalamazoo Gals book release party in Seattle, co-sponsored by Fretboard Journal and Gibson. (Curiously, a year later Gibson would tell BBC radio that it had never heard of me or my book.)

The third video is of my former collection of 1920s and 1930s Gibsons. Over the past few months, I sold all of the guitars in the video except for the 1929 Nick Lucas.

The Kalamazoo Gals express is still running. Next week, NPR will air another story and in June, a play based on the book will premier at a festival in Michigan.

Thanks, again!

Archived