Gibson Brands Forums

Flat picking Gibsons and fishman aura

blindboygrunt

Bluesking raves about these things , it's easy to see why .

What a lovely sound. A bit of waffling that some may find boring , but some great acoustic playing

That video looks a bit old - the Aura Spectrum has been around a long while, but still selling. I nearly wore mine out.

Even more stunning is my Martin D18e Retro from the Retro Series. They made a great D18 and put ALL the electronics from that Spectrum pedal in the guitar! To get the 9 sound images, they used a 1937 Martin D18 from the Martin Museum to record in Nashville with top vintage mics of the era of the 37 D18 and extracted the eq etc. and shrunk it in to the guitar!

So I can plug a guitar lead direct to a mixer and PA, or acoustic amp, anywhere anytime, no other gadget. Just brilliant for home recording while the mowers were going yesterday and the washing machine had some gurgling going on and kids screaming on a trampoline next door and...and....and... All these thing annoy my sensitive mic! But the Retro guitars were really designed to plug and play at gigs on your world tour - just take your guitar, lead, tuner and spare batteries!

But it is a great guitar unplugged. The earlier Aura guitars were supposedly not much acoustically, so they designed the Retros.

Unfortunately, it is exclusive to Martin and no Gibson J45 Aura Retro that I would buy today if they made it - better check that guitar fund - no, not today but you know what I mean...

BluesKing777.

Archived