Gibson Brands Forums

4 Years and Counting

I am happy to report to my friends on this esteemed forum, that I have just had my 33rd PETscan and have passed it, plus marked my 4th year since I had my BMT (Stem Cell Transplant) to try to eliminate my Lymphoma. It's been a roller coaster ride since 2006 when I was first diagnosed with this $hit, but Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow, and my adventure in learning how to play guitar for the last 10 years which brought me to this forum and you wonderful folks. I don't get on as much as I would like, but know that I follow along and appreciate your knowledge and kindness, what a wonderful bunch.

Regards,

Doug (the Old Geezer) Trytten

Congratulations!!!! Hang in there. I'm 60. I had the same cancer "Steve Jobs" (inventor of the ipad ) had. Tomorrow 5-21-2016 will be my 3 year anniversary of the operation and follow ups. Damdess thing was I just bought my dream (my Gold Watch) , the Gibson Hummingbird in February 2013. Didn't know if I would ever be able to use my left hand again, as they removed some of the skin inside of my left arm by the wrist to rebuild the removal of the $hit! Thank God I can still play ( Ha Ha ) whatever is left of me! Hang in there. There is something about us musicians, we are all different than the rest of the bunches! Play music! And don't fret the rest!

Way to go, Doug. Recovery from serious illness teaches you to be grateful for every day, and don't sweat the small stuff. Coming eyeball to eyeball with your own mortality changes your perspective very quickly.

Archived