Gibson Brands Forums

This one....ummm....just....hmmmm

RowdyMoon

Whoever painted that was clearly a fan of the carpet in the music bar of The Magpie, Camelon Road, Falkirk back in the late '70s.

It even has the correct shade of 'Barf' melded almost seamlessly into the weft. Or is it the warp?.....

No; it's the weft.

Pip.

I love :rolleyes: that Gibson calls it a '59 "Reissue!" LOL [lol] Sorry, that would be a "Burst" (figured or plain top).

Saw another (different) one, with P-90's, and a wild, odd colored "Sunburst" designated a '56 "Reissue,"

but...there wasn't even the hint, of a Gold Top, anywhere to be found.

'52-'57 Les Paul Standard's were ALL "Gold Tops," save the (black "Tuxedo") LP Custom! '58-'60 added the "Burst's"

to the line. So, I think they need to rename these guitars, something other than "Reissues!" They could

say "based on" '59 Spec's," etc., but with Custom finishing/paint jobs.

But, I'm just a "Cranky Old Luddite!" [flapper][biggrin]

CB

8 G's.

Why??

I hope I'm around in 30 years to see all the rich guys trying to sell their collector guitars to each other.

Because everytime Gibson attaches "59" to a Les Paul, they can charge you more for the guitar. People go apeshit over '59 Les Pauls, hence why all those reissues are priced way over what a '57 or '58 would set you back. This particular monstrosity isn't going to appeal to a lot of people to begin with, but attaching the ellusive number 59 to it might just allow Gibson to sell them quicker.

Steve Howe approved. Love a 175. I only played one once and it was nice. That LP looks like Walt Disney threw up on it.

I see you have a d28, someone offered me that for my 175 lol. I said no at first, now that i think i might do it he seems to have changed his mind lol.

Oddly enough, I like the rainbow-colored Les Paul.

Not enough to drop eight large on it, but still;

I wouldn't turn it down if somebody threw it my way.

Very much a unique creation.

[mellow]

I kept thinking i could see someone like Steve Stevens playin that, he loves swirly colours and had an orange sparkle custom that i just salivated over but its like 4 grand.

Archived