Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IanHenry

Summers Here!

Ahhh man. I'm too far north from you Dubs, I'm around Moorepark/Simi Valley area.

Bummer! Maybe we'll meet up sometime if we're ever in the same area [biggrin] I do like driving up to SF!

Btw really pretty girl in your photo :0

Bummer! Maybe we'll meet up sometime if we're ever in the same area [biggrin] I do like driving up to SF!

Btw really pretty girl in your photo :0

Yea, that will be great! LOL…..yea she is a California Girl indeed.

This is the house I grew up in and bought from my Mom 5 years ago after my Dad passed away. She still lives with us although being outnumbered 3 to 1 (wife, mother, dog) by females is not easy. We live just north of Pittsburgh and this pic was taken on a beautiful Memorial Day.

IMG_0448_zpsuirmh9qx.jpg

and here's the back yard full of guitars.

IMG_2480_zpsysaqkkug.jpg

Have not left the house today other than to go to the store,but here is our humble abode. The bucket you see is a little project my wife and I did today,there was a holly bush and I dislike them , so i got the trusty chan saw out, and cut it down. Then the misses had me dig out around the stump and we put in some annuals. She designed the tub display,I kind of think it is cool.She comes up with some off the wall ideas at times.She has the ideas and I provide the brawn.

COBB COUNTY GEORGIA

KIMG0016.jpg

KIMG0014.jpg

KIMG0012.jpg

Madison County, Alabama.

:)

madison-ne-country.jpg

That's beautiful.

Early Summer morning on my deck at home. North-east New South Wales, Australia.

IMG_0540_zpskgnljofe.jpg

And that's just awesome....lucky man Mr S!

For all that live in the midwest or the south. You all have some really nice picturesque landscapes out there, but I'm from the big city and I may need to adjust if I were to move out there. What high paying job profession out there?

KIMG0012.jpg

Tree stumps are a pain in the a$$.... that's a great way to deal with them. My compliments to the wife's idea and your brawn. Might have to steal that idea. [thumbup]

Sun finally came out here today..

I feel lucky where I live.. Which is right at the edge of London and the countryside....

This is from my window where you can just see the start of Epping Forest which is mostly public land.. Really beautiful

DSC_1892_zpseohom440.jpg

and some of the local area

lots of nice green roads

DSC_1887_zpso6m9iw6h.jpg

DSC_1878_zps6bcqc4ku.jpg

DSC_1886_zpsefacllrh.jpg

DSC_1881_zpssvdigtpz.jpg

DSC_1880_zpsijfgmhlh.jpg

DSC_1872_zpsjnllerjr.jpg

DSC_1873_zpsv2k1ifim.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Just took some snaps out the car window on the 5 minute drive to my inlaw's.

20160605_165755.jpg

20160605_165829.jpg

20160605_165856.jpg

Here's the village pond...

20160605_170309.jpg

20160605_170304.jpg

This building is a kind of holding cell. The stage coaches carryinh prisoners to London would stop here, lock up the prisoner over night and stay in the local Inn, still called The Cage to this day. Put this into perspective, it was built before Columbus set sail...

20160605_170302.jpg

Here's the old part of the village...

20160605_170404.jpg

20160605_165856.jpg

Always been fascinated by these types of Old World roofs - I imagine it takes highly specialized tradesmen to work on them. They do seem to be durable and long-lasting, though; in contrast, here in Colorado a brand new roof may need repair within five years, due to the harsh winds and hail. Roofing is big business in every town around here...

20160605_165755.jpg

20160605_165829.jpg

Also note in these images the presence of the traditional 'White Van Man', always such an integral part of any journey on an English road now. [laugh]

It's about 88 F today. Here's the view out of the back of my shop.

20160612_170747_zpsio4ybszm.jpg

Very nice too - do you own the field?

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Very nice too - do you own the field?

[thumbup] [thumbup]

We own the part that isn't mowed in the foreground. My neighbor put a couple of horses on it this year so I get to watch horses running around.

I'll just do my back yard:

412443868.jpg

411015270.jpg

And although this was taken several years ago and not from my current home, I'll add this for emphasis:

411015227.jpg

(I have a solar filter for one of my telescopes)

Taken tonight as it begins to get dusk.Pix are not that clear,taken wth my phone and I was shaky as H***.But barely a cloud in the sky tonight.

KIMG0019.jpg

KIMG0018.jpg

KIMG0018.jpg

Love looking at European photos. Makes me want to visit many places. Nothing really to look at here. We're in the city and old residential houses is what we see. Out away from here is cornfields. We're the CornHusker state.

Love looking at European photos. Makes me want to visit many places. Nothing really to look at here. We're in the city and old residential houses is what we see. Out away from here is cornfields. We're the CornHusker state.

Well come and have a look around, you're always welcome.

Ian

I expect I'll be over in London for work in November, and I know from experience it ain't gonna be as pleasant as in the summertime photos [laugh]

I'm looking forward to watching the Tour de France on tv again next month though - live coverage is usually 10pm to 2am here but on the weekends that's just fine and the scenery always looks superb.

Outside of the humidity in TN I just love to be there. Most all of my Mothers kin are from TN and many friends still. The older I get the less I seem to tolerate the humid weather. Looking to New Mexico to dry out some maybe. Also WY.

I'll see if I get out on one of the bikes this weekend for some shots of my area (not Des Moines city I find that totally boring). Love the close by countryside now.

Aster

I wept, Big Bill, I wept tears of joy.

rct

You are not alone my brother. What part of South Jersey are you residing. I bed in Voorhees and work in Hammonton.