Gibson Brands Forums

2016 LP STD Faded

fingers galore

• 2 weeks later...

I always did like the Standard Faded LPs.

V. Nice indeed.

P.S. : I was looking to see if they did them in a finish other than HBS and saw that Thomann is currently putting out last year's Traditional range for £1,001...........

Pip.

Now that is a finish I would pay extra for.

I've just had a look at the link. It doesnt say whether its T or HP.

I'm guessing T because of the 43mm nut width. That's an important detail, come on Thomann!!

Yeah its neither..... I guess its T specs if you want to look at it that way, but these limited runs just tend to do their own thing regardless of the current production models..

I said this when we first heard about the two line ups... Its just going to make things even more confusing down the line... But then Gibson are hardly shy about doing that in general :)

Yeah its neither..... I guess its T specs if you want to look at it that way, but these limited runs just tend to do their own thing regardless of the current production models..

I said this when we first heard about the two line ups... Its just going to make things even more confusing down the line... But the Gibson are hardly shy about doing that in general :)

I see...

Gets sort of complicated doesn't it? [huh]

I said this when we first heard about the two line ups... Its just going to make things even more confusing down the line... But the Gibson are hardly shy about doing that in general :)

[biggrin] A word momentous calmly hast thou spoken. [thumbup]

I see...

Gets sort of complicated doesn't it? [huh]

You can say that again :)

Im sure they do it on purpose... To add myth......

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter what their official names are... What should matter is, does it feel good to play and does it sound good.... Its only us guitar nerds who care cos we want to know EVERTHING about our beloved instruments...

Im sure they do it on purpose... To add myth......

The webpage tells "Available since April 2005" what makes me guess they use the same model number like then. On the other hand it is said to have Modern Weight Relief and thus wouldn't be historically correct [rolleyes]

Archived