Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

rct

I don't post over here much because, well, the knuckle draggers in the lounge tolerate my posting style a little better, and let's face it, I don't know any James Taylor songs.

But hey, this schwanky new CFMartin M-36 is haa fallutin even by youse guys Jumbo Bird 45 sniffin standards. Beware though, Grovers and straplocks on it, so sharpen up yer Acoustic Maven spears and have at me.

Incase2.jpg

End1.jpg

Side1.jpg

Front1.jpg

The ceiling shot:

Side2.jpg

Mrs took a look at the headstock and said "70s called, you don't have to put Grovers on this one".

Grovers1.jpg

Back3.jpg

Back2.jpg

Back1.jpg

I won't bore you with the caramel-y sweet upper midrange or the width of the nut in centimeters, you guys pretty much know yer guitars. Nazareth and Bozeman are actually pretty close to each other, if not for the clubby necks and somewhat softer sound of the Gibsons that makes me a non user.

You should see the case!

rct

"ceiling shot"

again, my favorite! i must know how you pulled that off,, you tricky bastid you..

Easy! A picture on the bed that went up in fotobukkit looking just like that. I tried to rotate it and it wouldn't, so I assumed it was correct!

rct

Looks nice to me. [thumbup] How do you like the position of the strap pin (isn't that position #5)? I still want to add pins to all my Gibby acoustics and replace the big amp plug with a small one. Never amp any of the acoustics so I don't need them.

Aster

Looks nice to me. [thumbup] How do you like the position of the strap pin (isn't that position #5)? I still want to add pins to all my Gibby acoustics and replace the big amp plug with a small one. Never amp any of the acoustics so I don't need them.

Aster

I do not know which position it is. It is the "hey, yer a dealer guy, would you put these on for me so I don't cut the neck off? Thanks" position. But yes, fine, I like the strap down over the heel like that.

rct

These are great, balanced Martins (which is saying a lot) and they do have lovelly tone, especially finger or hubrid picked.

I own the posh version of this same model, the J-40 and its really nice to pick up every now and then as a changeup from the Gibson tone, yet still have that balanced tone that i always need.

. Great fingerstyle guitar with terrific resonance - clear and crisp.

Thats exactly right, spot on comment. I just cant get that kind of depth and resonane with any of my Gibsons when fingerpicking. Especially when trying to accentuate speific notes and holding them a bit longer.

Ooh , it's like a girlfriend for my hd35

Never had the pleasure of being in the same room as one of these . Like everyone says I've never heard anything bad about them.

Neither have I!

Congrats though, RCT.

Am I correct in recollecting the first M36 was a broken archtop made into a flattop for Dave Bromberg?

BluesKing777.

Neither have I!

Congrats though, RCT.

Am I correct in recollecting the first M36 was a broken archtop made into a flattop for Dave Bromberg?

BluesKing777.

They were actually doing it on purpose, taking the tops off of what was called F-9, and archtop that was often pickup'd on the pick guard. So Bromberg and some others were having the tops taken of of these archtops and then a 4" soundholed spruce top put on. It's an electric guitar made into an acoustic, part of their advertising that got young impressionable bucks like myself wanting one way back then. Like, when I got married back then, 1980.

First new Martin guitar in 40 odd years when the M-38 came out.

rct

Yep, Martin M-36, a most comfortable guitar to play with a most vibrant sound that's hard if not impossible to beat.

I've had mine for two years and it shuts everyone up. It's louder than my J200. I grabbed it for the 1-11/16" nut. Gibson's modern 1.725 nut is a no-go for me. So, either vintage Gibsons or nothing. Or Martins, which I've come to realize is the more dynamic of the two brands.

One thing I've noticed is that while it sings with any type of string you put on her. She really likes brand new strings. There's a godlike shimmer it gives off when strings are fresh that no other guitar has ever revealed to me. It ALMOST makes me think about changing strings more often.

Congrats! Smart move.

Archived