Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boehm

MAGIX Digital DJ 2 pro - Features are missing

Guest Boehm

Dear Sir or Madam, I'm unsatisfied with the way I'm treated as a Deckadance2 user. I bought Deckadance2 a bit more than a year ago via Magix Germany. They guaranteed the full support. After changing my Laptop I was forwarded to Image-Line. I didn't use it too much because I'm still a CD-DJ and Deckadance was my backup system. But now I wanted to change systems and didn't get any message from IL about beeing sold to Stanton/Gibson. I have no support at IL and lost features while the third software-move. Now your website told me that I have to purchase Deckadance again, completely? I think this is unfair as a customer. It's not my fault that Deckadance is sold over and over again. Can you help me with my question. Best regards, Marco Boehm

I don't remember the details of the Digital Dj installer. Do you have a CD installation with a product code? If this is the case then you should be able to install it in whatever computer that you have and using the product should unlock it (...if you install Stanton DD in the same computer then it should work unlocked too).

There has been some changes in newer versions of DD but the only feature removed (as far as I remember) is the recommendation system because it was property of Magix.

Guest Boehm

I don't remember the details of the Digital Dj installer. Do you have a CD installation with a product code? If this is the case then you should be able to install it in whatever computer that you have and using the product should unlock it (...if you install Stanton DD in the same computer then it should work unlocked too).

There has been some changes in newer versions of DD but the only feature removed (as far as I remember) is the recommendation system because it was property of Magix.

Thank you for the fast answer. I tried it already but the "Disc Recorder" is still unavailable. This is the main feature for me by mixing emergency CDs with four songs (for restroom or so) on advance.

Could you tell me the version that you are using (it's written in Preferences->About->Under the DD name)? The recorder function isn't available in the LE edition but I don't remember that this feature was removed in the Magix edition (I will check it).

Guest Boehm

Could you tell me the version that you are using (it's written in Preferences->About->Under the DD name)? The recorder function isn't available in the LE edition but I don't remember that this feature was removed in the Magix edition (I will check it).

It just says "2.0" ©2006-2011 -- no more details to give to you.

Guest Boehm

It just says "2.0" ©2006-2011 -- no more details to give to you.

I actually purchased it directly from Magix - it used to have the words "pro" behind DD because I got the offer as a Samplitude user.

Guest Boehm

Have you been able to use it (unlocked) in your new computer?

Hi, Thank you for answering. No, in my new computer (windows 10 first time) I wasn't able to use it.

Guest Boehm

...and again ... left alone with my problems? If I need to buy a new Digital-DJ-Deck anyway I'm going to search for a customer-friendlier and not the one where I'm left in the dessert of empty ideas with no real help. It would have cost you a smile to register my old software. And I think it's your business if you bought out the brand to keep all customers happy with their needs.

If you have the installation CD with the product code then you should be able to install "Digital Dj" unlocked to whatever computer you have (...Digital DJ is a different product than DD and sold in the past by another company). I cannot help more than this about the installation, I can understand your frustration but you should notice that you have a problem with another product from a different company. I'm sorry but I cannot upgrade you from "Magix - Digital Dj" to "Stanton Deckadance".