Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lukec88

Custom truss rod cover

Hello,

I want to order a custom truss rod cover for my songwriter so I need little advice where to order, and who has best quality covers. I dont like some chinese made ones.

I was looking this site My link, anyone has some experience with ordering on this site?

I have ordered from them several times, and recently have ordered customized TRCs. They are high quality and I recommend them. I've tried different fonts. Here is one I was not crazy about (quality was great reagardless).

IMG_3075_zpsdun88f77.jpg

I have several different types of tr-covers and my favourite is one in metal with engraved jugend decoration created by an old deadhead in Stoke, Great Britain.

Here however, is a home made version in leather.

The F-bird ~ Dec201411theboard.jpg

+1 for Philadelphia. Ordered one of these for a LP build; great quality from the outlook.

U think that les paul ones are the same for acoustics?

Yes.

The traditional bell-shaped 2-screw Gibson TRC has been standardized for about 70 years.

+1 for Philadelphia. Ordered one of these for a LP build; great quality from the outlook.

Yup.....I've bought a few and have liked the quality and fast delivery. :)

My order finally shipped and waiting to change. I was actually surprised that they have original blank Gibson truss rod cover and engrave it. Thats cool! +1 recommend for Philadelphia luthier tools & supplies.

viber_image_1.jpg

I ordered from this company and they are well made. However, Gibson has been going after people selling the original bell shaped design so you have to be careful who you order from. This guy had to slightly change his design to get around the problem.

http://stores.ebay.com/wectrussrodcoverinlay

Hmm I dont know what is wrong if private company for example buys 30 original blank truss rod cover from Gibson (they are offering them on their own site) and they offer engraving service..

I found several designs on eBay from a person in Canada made from different wood and very good workmanship on mop and abalone inlay.

Have this one on a J-45 I play at my church.

image_zps367b6893.jpg

Hey, Lukec88, I ordered some truss rod covers from Philadelphia Luthier after seeing your post. They arrived today and are very nice. Not a bad price, either. Thanks for posting!