Gibson Brands Forums

The Creamery

Karloff

Hey guys,

I've been rooting around online looking at aftermarket pick ups for Firebirds and I came across a Company in Manchester, UK. that makes pick ups. Anyone familiar with them ? Any one on this forum from the UK familiar with this company and want to weigh in on their product ?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I've been rooting around online looking at aftermarket pick ups for Firebirds and I came across a Company in Manchester, UK. that makes pick ups. Anyone familiar with them ? Any one on this forum from the UK familiar with this company and want to weigh in on their product ?

Thanks.

Hi Karloff!

Weird as it may sound; I was quite excited to see this topic on the forum, as this is also an interest of mine.

I've spoken with Jaime; the guy who runs The Creamery, quite a few times, and listened extensively to sound clips and examples of his work.

It's now got to the point that my current build project; something that will resemble a '57 Goldtop, will home a set of Creamery Custom '57 pickups.

They're a great PAF-style and they tick all the boxes from the outset; and I'm really looking forward to introducing them to the build.

He's got a lot of options, and he tells me he's on the cusp of expanding the range with a new website to match, too. For someone who likes vintage-voiced pickups; these seem to be the ones for me (it was at this point I thought I sounded a bit like an advert...). Especially given that I prefer these "boutique" style builders over the big manufacturers. I like DiMarzio, Bare Knuckle are OK (to me), but I wouldn't touch a Seymour Duncan or anything like that, and 9 times of 10 would prefer going to somewhere like The Creamery.

If you get something please let me know how it goes!

Sorry I didn't have much value to add...!

Pesh,

thats a huge value... thanks. I've listened to a few sound clips, and I like vintage voiced as well. Plus all things considered, I think theyre resonably priced. I'm really leaning towards getting a set of his Vintage Firebird pickups.

Pesh,

thats a huge value... thanks. I've listened to a few sound clips, and I like vintage voiced as well. Plus all things considered, I think theyre resonably priced. I'm really leaning towards getting a set of his Vintage Firebird pickups.

Ahh yes - I love looking at those - look like silver bars! Good luck - keep us updated.

Hi Karloff,

I've heard a lot of good things about his pickups, but I haven't tried them. I think he builds them to order so he'll customise them for you.

Ian

Ian,

Thanks. I was wondering if you could request "a little more of this, and a little less of that". I'm going to email him and tell him what I'm looking for. thanks

heard back from Jaime. He made a few suggestions. I plan on going with his Firebird pickups, wax potted, vintage braided wire, Alnico 2 magnets. well, time to sell a few things ... anyone interested in a 2x12 Avatar Contemporary cab w/ Celestion vin 30's ? lol.

heard back from Jaime. He made a few suggestions. I plan on going with his Firebird pickups, wax potted, vintage braided wire, Alnico 2 magnets. well, time to sell a few things ... anyone interested in a 2x12 Avatar Contemporary cab w/ Celestion vin 30's ? lol.

Glad you heard back from him; he's quite a knowledgable chap! Did he give you a lead time on getting them over to you?

Glad you heard back from him; he's quite a knowledgable chap! Did he give you a lead time on getting them over to you?

no, on the website it states a 21 to 28 day lead time to when he will start winding them. Now I just need to scrape up the $$.

hey Pesh, I just ordered them. really looking forward to getting them. Jaime emailed me a few more times, making sure we figured out just what I want. nice guy. now i'm wondering what his '59's would sound like in my SG .

hey Pesh, I just ordered them. really looking forward to getting them. Jaime emailed me a few more times, making sure we figured out just what I want. nice guy. now i'm wondering what his '59's would sound like in my SG .

Well there's really only one way that you can know for sure... msp_tongue.gif

The Creamery '59 has a 7.3KOhm neck output and an 8.3KOhm bridge output; close to the '57 Classic and '57 Classic+, but with the mismatched coil structure similar to a BurstBucker. So there's a slight inclination as to how it would sound, maybe?

Well there's really only one way that you can know for sure... msp_tongue.gif

The Creamery '59 has a 7.3KOhm neck output and an 8.3KOhm bridge output; close to the '57 Classic and '57 Classic+, but with the mismatched coil structure similar to a BurstBucker. So there's a slight inclination as to how it would sound, maybe?

I have a 2008 Les Paul Std Faded with Burstbuckers and I really like them. It's something to think about.

I also e-mailed him about the Domino Split Coils. I had a reply yesterday.

Very tempting. I'm now weighing up the options for a set.

Thanks for posting Karloff.

it is tempting isn't it, lol ...

I also e-mailed him about the Domino Split Coils. I had a reply yesterday.

Very tempting. I'm now weighing up the options for a set.

Thanks for posting Karloff.

Do it...give in to temptation...fall to the dark side...

Do it...give in to temptation...fall to the dark side...

yea Merc. just do it. who are you kidding... just do it. lol. that way I won't feel bad when I order the '59's ... lol. "but honey, this guy on the forum ordered some ..."

yea Merc. just do it. who are you kidding... just do it. lol. that way I won't feel bad when I order the '59's ... lol. "but honey, this guy on the forum ordered some ..."

Well, they would be for the Squier Elite I just scored. It sounds good but I think the Duncan Designed pups are too hot for my liking. I wont be sure until I've gigged it. I'm going to gig it tomorrow at The Yacht Tavern on the river Itchen.

I have been after a Fender style voiced guitar for a long time.

Blame me by all means Karloff. I'd enjoy the 'bad influence' rep.

I gigged the Elite on Saturday as planned with Blown Out, and also today in the Jazz/pop band Vinyl Frontiers.

The pickups sounded great though both the Fender Stage and the Fishman Artist, but I still want to change them. I will probably get the Creamery Dominos but will need to get my luthier to do it (Im useless with circuitry). He has not answered my e-mail so far. That could mean he's busy.

I even wondered if I should put the Dominos into the 339 and transplant the 57 Classics into the Elite? Decisions.....

Archived