Gibson Brands Forums

Kiester Days

You may or may not know it, but I am Mayor of a small town in Southern Minnesota named Kiester. People make fun of the name even though the spelling is not the same, it is pronounced the same as the German for you know what. Anyway, we were approached by an ad company from NY City to make a commercial for Preparation H. Imagine that. Anyway, I attached a link to the commercial if anyone is interested. We are proud of our small town and this name came from one of the founders of Faribault County, Judge Jacob Armel Kiester who settled in Blue Earth, MN in the late 19th Century.

Also, for a musical topic, my brothers-in-law and I are performing music on the stage of the Kee Theatre on Saturday, 6/25/16, this will be the 16th year we have done this and one of the inspirations for me to learn how to play mandolin and guitar. So if you are cruising down I90 and you see the Wells/Kiester exit, come on down and join us. [biggrin]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJRAsFxMoT0

You may or may not know it, but I am Mayor of a small town in Southern Minnesota named Kiester. People make fun of the name even though the spelling is not the same, it is pronounced the same as the German for you know what. Anyway, we were approached by an ad company from NY City to make a commercial for Preparation H. Imagine that. Anyway, I attached a link to the commercial if anyone is interested. We are proud of our small town and this name came from one of the founders of Faribault County, Judge Jacob Armel Kiester who settled in Blue Earth, MN in the late 19th Century.

Also, for a musical topic, my brothers-in-law and I are performing music on the stage of the Kee Theatre on Saturday, 6/25/16, this will be the 16th year we have done this and one of the inspirations for me to learn how to play mandolin and guitar. So if you are cruising down I90 and you see the Wells/Kiester exit, come on down and join us. [biggrin]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJRAsFxMoT0

Sounds like a great event. [thumbup]

I would love to attend, but I live in California.

So it would be a .......pain in the a$$.... to get there.

Sorry, couldn't resist. [smile][rolleyes]

Excellent commercial, and enjoy that show!

So if you are cruising down I90 and you see the Wells/Kiester exit, come on down and join us. [biggrin]

That Albert Lea area is one rough stretch of 90!

rct

Archived