Gibson Brands Forums

The new Epiphone Masterbilt Century Collection

Epi1

Hello Epiphone Forum Members,

It's Summer NAMM week in Nashville, TN and Epiphone is taking this opportunity to give our retailers a preview of our new Masterbilt Century collection of "acoustic/electric" archtops. Our official consumer announcement will be on July 1st with guitars starting to arrive at authorized Epiphone retailers beginning in August. Estimated U.S. street prices are: Olympic $599, Zeniths $739 and De Luxes $899. Hard cases are optional. In addition to this information, here is a preview of our upcoming advertisement just for you, our loyal forum members.

As always, thanks for your continued support and please be sure to visit Epiphone.com on July 1st for everything you need to know about this exciting new collection.

Thanks again,

Epiphone

post-17277-028621000 1466784773_thumb.jpg

Can't speak for anyone else but these have got my juices flowing. Can't wait to see/hear them. Not that my financial situation will allow any major purchases in the foreseeable future. Could be worse though, at least I don't live in the UK.

These new archtoparchtops look awesome! I have a 1936 Zenith in my collection and adding either a new Zenith or one of the others to my collection would be very cool from my perspective. Great to see Epiphone reissuing some of its own classic Epiphones in addition to Its Epiphone versions of Gibsons.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Sorry, I should have posted here first.

I know many of us have been scratching our heads as to why no Masterbilt Archtops.

Probably not the reason for them reissuing these, but who cares!

I can see 3 in my future.

And to think I just dropped $1350 on a Martin. (it is a great Martin, though)

Still won't stop me from acquiring these.

And to think I was excited over the Electric Century.

Hello Epiphone Forum Members,

It's Summer NAMM week in Nashville, TN and Epiphone is taking this opportunity to give our retailers a preview of our new Masterbilt Century collection of "acoustic/electric" archtops. Our official consumer announcement will be on July 1st with guitars starting to arrive at authorized Epiphone retailers beginning in August. Estimated U.S. street prices are: Olympic $599, Zeniths $739 and De Luxes $899. Hard cases are optional. In addition to this information, here is a preview of our upcoming advertisement just for you, our loyal forum members.

As always, thanks for your continued support and please be sure to visit Epiphone.com on July 1st for everything you need to know about this exciting new collection.

Thanks again,

Epiphone

Didn't I say it was about time Epiphone came up with something? And everyone poo poo'd me. Your not laughing now!!!!!

I'm with you Mick,

With such a heritage, why not utilize original Epiphone models.

I have purchased Epiphone versions of their Gibson counterparts, and can understand why Gibson would want affordable versions of their high end models, but could not understand the reasoning not to test the waters with original Epiphone reissues.

I guess we will see how they sell.

The Masterbilt j-45 that I played did not speak to me and my AJ-500 played and sounded better.

No reason to buy just to have another sloped shoulder acoustic.

But these archtops look fantastic and if they play like the one in the video, I will have to purchase at least 2-3 different models.

I would take the jumbo and sell my EJ-200sce in a heartbeat.

There aren't any Epi archtops that are just acoustic are there (no electric pup)? I'd look into one of those but just don't need anymore electrified acoustics. I've taken the saddle pups out of most all my Gibsons (saved them of course, but never plug them in) all but the Fuller J-160E of course!!! [biggrin]

Aster

I had been looking at the Loar 600 recently but never had the chance to play.

I have played the Godin, but it just did not have the volume I expected and was a smaller size.

Just found out that they all have laminate sides and backs.

Unless the info is wrong on this site: Zzounds

A Masterbilt that is not all solid wood is just wrong.

Especially at this price point for the higher end models.

Even the 600 is all solid wood for $100 more.

I know these are acoustic/electric, but come on Epiphone.

I have played the Godin, but it just did not have the volume I expected and was a smaller size.

Posting simultaneously in both forums in case I try and plagiarise you again? [biggrin]

Yeah, I thought it was odd when the Epiphone guy in the video said he wasn't sure if the back and sides were laminate or not. I agree, Masterbilts should be all solid woods. Probably a deal breaker for me (that's a hypothetical deal 'cause I'm broke at the moment) so it's back to dreaming of the "inspired by 1966" electric Century.

Posting simultaneously in both forums in case I try and plagiarise you again? [biggrin]

Yeah, I thought it was odd when the Epiphone guy in the video said he wasn't sure if the back and sides were laminate or not. I agree, Masterbilts should be all solid woods. Probably a deal breaker for me (that's a hypothetical deal 'cause I'm broke at the moment) so it's back to dreaming of the "inspired by 1966" electric Century.

No problem Rover. I should have posted in just the Acoustic forum.

But since I have two threads going, I thought, hell just copy and paste.

I am with you on the Inspired By 66 Century.

Still think I will sell the Breedlove for one of the new Masterbilts, sell the EJ-200sce for the Masterbilt Jumbo and then acquire the Inspired by.

This is the most interesting Epiphones in a while.

Loar LH 600 and 700 are all solid. The 300s are laminates b&s. Solid tops

there's more info on these on the Epiphone site:

http://www.epiphone.com/MBCentury.aspx

Good find. I actually searched for them on YouTube about an hour before you posted and got nothing.

Must admit they do look good, although I confess while watching the third video my toes curled up every time the guy said Zee-nith.

Archived