Gibson Brands Forums

The new Epiphone Masterbilt Century Collection

Epi1

Epi,

Hi I am a left handed player and these new Epiphones are looking and sounding killer from what I have seen on the website.

Are these convertible to LH (is the bracing symmetrical)?

I am interested in the Honeyburst Olympic most of all.

And what's the pricing on the vintage style case?

Thanks

God Bless

JC

I've kinda wanted an archtop to play with for several years. If these sound & play as nice as they look I can see adding one. Might have to do a NATURAL finish as I have enough VS color gits. Prolly have to do the bigger boy size wise.

Aster

• 2 weeks later...

As I am an internet dinosaur I'll have to refer you to a site rather than bring it here.There's a demo at reverb.com c/w a guy playing all 3 models of the new arch-tops.His take is that they are quite nice and very reasonably priced. BTW if anyone can explain to me how to link to another site . as opposed to this form of cyber-gymnastics , I'd appreciate it.Guess I must be old!

The easiest way to post a link is to just copy (from the address bar of the page you are linking to) and paste it here https://reverb.com/nl/news/the-essential-pre-gibson-epiphone-archtops .

Alternatively click on the link icon above the box you type in to post, it looks like a small piece of chain with a plus sign, paste the address there and add the Word you want to use as your link. As an extra tip preview your post before committing so you can check the link(s) actually work.

The easiest way to post a link is to just copy (from the address bar of the page you are linking to) and paste it here https://reverb.com/nl/news/the-essential-pre-gibson-epiphone-archtops .

Alternatively click on the link icon above the box you type in to post, it looks like a small piece of chain with a plus sign, paste the address there and add the Word you want to use as your link. As an extra tip preview your post before committing so you can check the link(s) actually work.

Dank u meneer!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the entire video. Thank you for posting that. At some point I still want to try the Deluxe but my jonesing for these guitars has diminished considerably since I first saw photos of them. This video helps me to be more patient to wait until someone sells theirs & I can save some money. Or until they go on sale. :)

• 1 month later...

Just got my DeLuxe Classic from GAK. Like my AJ45-ME it has a satin finish but being natural it does now show as much as a sunburst. Although I polished up the AJ45 I don't think I will do this as well. My initial thoughts are that it looks good, and the neck is just the right size for me. After it has stood a while to acclimatize after being in a cold warehouse and van overnight I will set it up. It is a long time since I worked with a floating bridge. Anyone got any tips? By the way, the price of these is coming down, more are doing them for £649.

For some bizarre reason the custom cases are not available until end of March or later.

Bob

unpacked_zpse3nxp8w4.jpg

I gave a review of a couple new arch-tops here some time ago and stated that I was not impressed at all. I'm not here to rub it in but over on AGF someone was of the opinion that Epiphone was planning either a re-design or elimination of the line. Anyone else heard anything? Discontinuing would be a major black eye.

Been playing the heck out of this to break it in for gig next weekend. It has quite a bright sound with it, unlike the AJ45-ME; almost like the EJ200SCE. I've ditched the Cleartones and now on the EXP16's and there is now a better lower response, but still not as rich as the AJ45. But then I like to have guitars with different tones for different styles of music.

Bob

Archived