Gibson Brands Forums

The new Epiphone Masterbilt Century Collection

Epi1

Hello Epiphone Forum Members,

It's Summer NAMM week in Nashville, TN and Epiphone is taking this opportunity to give our retailers a preview of our new Masterbilt Century collection of "acoustic/electric" archtops. Our official consumer announcement will be on July 1st with guitars starting to arrive at authorized Epiphone retailers beginning in August. Estimated U.S. street prices are: Olympic $599, Zeniths $739 and De Luxes $899. Hard cases are optional. In addition to this information, here is a preview of our upcoming advertisement just for you, our loyal forum members.

As always, thanks for your continued support and please be sure to visit Epiphone.com on July 1st for everything you need to know about this exciting new collection.

Thanks again,

Epiphone

post-17277-079788900 1466785165_thumb.jpg

Very cool, Epiphone. I absconded with my dad's Zenith after I got him a Gibbie LP Studio. That old Zenith looks just like the new one... if you add on 75 years of banging around and hard playing. Brilliant move making this new collection all acoustic/electric. I bet they sound considerably better than the old monkey on a stick mod. Acoustically, too. Bravo!

Just found out that they all have laminate sides and backs.

Unless the info is wrong on this site: Zzounds

A Masterbilt that is not all solid wood is just wrong.

Especially at this price point for the higher end models.

Even the Loar 600 is all solid wood for $100 more.

I know these are acoustic/electric, but come on Epiphone.

Just found out that they all have laminate sides and backs.

Unless the info is wrong on this site: Zzounds

A Masterbilt that is not all solid wood is just wrong.

Especially at this price point for the higher end models.

Even the Loar 600 is all solid wood for $100 more.

I know these are acoustic/electric, but come on Epiphone.

These models were never solid wood, were they?

....trendy, not traditional, no longer the mark of a individualistic creative type, but more of a sheepish insecure youth look, people that follow every fad.

Yeah, should have gotten an Aquarian. :rolleyes:

Hello Epiphone Forum Members,

It's Summer NAMM week in Nashville, TN and Epiphone is taking this opportunity to give our retailers a preview of our new Masterbilt Century collection of "acoustic/electric" archtops. Our official consumer announcement will be on July 1st with guitars starting to arrive at authorized Epiphone retailers beginning in August. Estimated U.S. street prices are: Olympic $599, Zeniths $739 and De Luxes $899. Hard cases are optional. In addition to this information, here is a preview of our upcoming advertisement just for you, our loyal forum members.

As always, thanks for your continued support and please be sure to visit Epiphone.com on July 1st for everything you need to know about this exciting new collection.

Thanks again,

Epiphone

I posted about this back on June 2nd - try to keep up :) lol

Certainly tempted by a DeLuxe Classic, or the Zenith Classic (not so much a fan of the inlays, but I could get over it). Liking the laminated necks, and a bonus for me - no scarf joint (which to me, weird as it might be, is a visual deterrent) msp_unsure.gif

P_CentDlxCls-VN1.jpg

P_CentDlxCls-VN6.jpg

P_CentZenithCls-VN1.jpg

P_CentZenithCls-VN6.jpg

Yes, that scarf joint was the one visual bummer I had on my natural Emperor Regent. One part of the neck had a pink tone , the other a yellow and it stood out like a sore thumb. At least with a sunburst finish it's a non issue as all is stained over. I like the way this is made with the different pieces sandwiched in between.

Be careful, those guitars are very big

You put it on your left thigh?? I think I'd place that amp a little further away, too, so I wouldn't bang into it while I'm rockin' with a jumbo.... :rolleyes:

Archived