Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desolationrow

Best Gibson Es for songwriter

Hi guys!! I need some help. Im a singer songwriter, only strum and voice accompaiment with the guitar,no licks, no effets, only clean tone. My only electric is a rickenbacker 330. But my dream guitar is a Gibson Es séries. In your opinion whats is the best model for that purpose? Es335, es 330,175,125? Thanks a lot

+1 for the 335 or check out the 339, the "compact cousin," which might be better if you want something a little smaller with similar sound. Try out some guitars and see what you like.

You may want to also check out a Taylor T5. It's a single cut thinline about the same size as a 335 but fully hollow and thus much lighter. It has both acoustic and Humbucker pickups so it can do the tones of both very well. I bought mine in 2005 when they first came out. I was shopping for a 335 at the time and there was a T5 in the shop. I fell in love with it and bought it on the spot. I finally got my first 335 a few years later and I still play the T5 more. I also have a CS-336 which has a smaller body and it is my #1 electric. But if I want both electric and acoustic tones, the T5 does the trick. I use an A/B switch to go between my PA and tube amp and it works great. Adds a completely different dynamic to the band. Here's a pic of mine along with a couple of other Blackies:

DSC05957.jpg

You may want to also check out a Taylor T5. It's a single cut thinline about the same size as a 335 but fully hollow and thus much lighter. It has both acoustic and Humbucker pickups so it can do the tones of both very well. I bought mine in 2005 when they first came out. I was shopping for a 335 at the time and there was a T5 in the shop. I fell in love with it and bought it on the spot. I finally got my first 335 a few years later and I still play the T5 more. I also have a CS-336 which has a smaller body and it is my #1 electric. But if I want both electric and acoustic tones, the T5 does the trick. I use an A/B switch to go between my PA and tube amp and it works great. Adds a completely different dynamic to the band. Here's a pic of mine along with a couple of other Blackies:

DSC05957.jpg

Welcome to the T5 club.... [thumbup]

They really are IMO a fabulous piece of creative thinking and beautiful build quality...

The P/U choices and blends available are very usable

And the light weight of the hollow body is very welcome

It sounds bigger than it is....a genuine electric and acoustic do-it-all guitar... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=