Gibson Brands Forums

Soon to be a guitar civilian

modoc_333

Well, the time has come! After 11 years of the guitar/ music industry I will be moving on after tomorrow. This Friday is my last day working at the store. It is simply time to move on professionally.

I have enjoyed some wonderful things in this industry. I have played a D18 owned by Hank Williams, met Stevie Wonder, and spent time training in some of the best musical instrument companies in the world. Of course I have met some great people. It's time for me to return to just being a player and enthusiast though.... and a regular customer again! Haha.

I have enjoyed helping some of the folks here buy some new guitars and I have been happy to give some insider info/ insight sometimes. Now it's going to be fun to be on the other side again.... and gripe about dealers! Haha

Keith

Now you can say what you really think. ; ).

Congrats on making the separation. Now- a bit of time away from Guitardom would help the soul hit the reset button, & put the joy back in it.

Look forward to hearing back after a (hopefully short) spell.

Pleasure doing business with you. See you on the other side.

Thank you everyone! Yes, it's a little bitter-sweet. but it will be good. It will be nice to separate my hobby from job after all of these years.

I am off to work a "stiff" job. Banking. Haha. It's the other end of the spectrum in so many ways but it's still all about learning what you need to know, being good with people, and doing it right. It should be good. It will also allow my wife and I to pursue some things that we have been wanting to do. That's exciting itself!

Keith

I hope this new path your on leads you to exactly where you need to be in life. Your insight into the music world was always appreciated. We do what we need to do. You might even find that you enjoy your guitars more. God Bless you and yours.

Keith, I appreciate the time and attention you gave me in my 'quest' a couple of years ago and know you will be 100% successful in whatever you set your mind to. I, too, worked in "Finance" and found it a nice contrast to music: made the music a more relevant to me. I'm sure as a 'hobby" - you will find it more enjoyable to pick up a flat top when you WANT to, and not when you HAVE to ! G'Luck ! Jim

All the best Keith, and in particular for all the insights, facts and letting us know how it is with your inside knowledge. I always considered you to be the 'unofficial' inside source for the board. Time to hand up the holster now !

Oh Man ....... what a loss to the Board, to B. Bros and all us customers. But probably the best for a family man. Thanks for sharing your knowledge over the past several years. Without your expertise I would not own such wonderful instrument as my two custom TVs or my Martin custom. I'll have to start paying full price for my guitars and equipment now!. Thanks for teaching an old man about Gibsons, the guitar market, what makes a good guitar ........ and for letting me hang out for hours on end and play those great Gibsons on the wall. See ya at the bank..............

Y'all make me feel so loved! Haha! I'm not leaving the board though. I really appreciate all of your well wishes. I really do look forward to the new approach. It's a rough thing sometimes when your passion becomes your job. It will be nice to get back to just loving guitars and not having them tied to work.

And I will always have my opinions... Haha!

Keith

Archived