Gibson Brands Forums

A Little Perspective....OUCH!

Buc McMaster

Its all about the music. You have some great resources and the talent to be able to create using both instruments. Quite enviable. Now, if you get a custom made H'bird pick guard for the little guy you'd have the perfect complimentary mix. [biggrin

From the little rascal on the left to the monster on the right is a pretty serious leap............... [crying]

. . . But when eyeing putting down the dread, and picking up it's diminutive cousin, it is one of the very things that is so appealing about the uke; the idea de-escalating things for a bit. Hearing recent converts to acoustic from electric players always wanting their action lower and lower- and this is from people used to steel strings and the (relatively) same string length.

Takes time to build back the calluses. Ever try the Rock Tips liquid callus builder? It's good in a pinch. I will occasionally use it on the outside edge of the thumb and index finger of the picking hand to reduce the dull sound of the fingers when the nail is gone. Patience is good, too. Tough to do when you've got a new 'Bird Vintage calling you.

Hi yes my playing partner is a brilliant Uke player , he plays Tenor Uke with the G tuned to low G . Great fun and a great pairing with the Acoustic Guitar . We have a gig next week , lots of Garth Brooks , John Denver , Dylan and a lot of Uke standards . Good luck lovely Guitar and Uke

You know that it actually made me sad when you gave up guitar, although I Like your uke stuff greatly. So congrats on your new HB and let us hear a song soon .............. perhaps on Sunday with your coffee as in days of old.

Archived