Gibson Brands Forums

Where do you buy your Gibsons?

mz-s

The store in Wichita is EM Shorts. They do have good prices on their Gibsons.

Someone else mentioned EM Shorts, they're definitely on the list of dealers to call when I get the nod from the missus :)

I bought my J-35 from Sweetwater Music, ask for Mark. Mark gave me the best on line service I have experienced. They even tried out my guitars and Mark picked the one out I ended up getting. I was able to choose the guitar from their pictorial galleries, which isn't the same as trying them out, but my local music shop didn't have any Gibson Acoustics on hand, so this was the next best thing. Give them a try, they will treat you right. Doug [thumbup]

If you find yourself in the north east US, I suggest Parkway Guitars in Clifton Park, New York. They're a five star dealer with a great selection of Gibsons, and only the best of the best. I bought a J-15 there, and I am unlikely to ever buy another new guitar anywhere else.

If you find yourself in the north east US, I suggest Parkway Guitars in Clifton Park, New York. They're a five star dealer with a great selection of Gibsons, and only the best of the best. I bought a J-15 there, and I am unlikely to ever buy another new guitar anywhere else.

I've always wanted to visit that area of the country, if I ever visit I will be sure to stop by that shop! Thanks for the suggestion.

Someone else mentioned EM Shorts, they're definitely on the list of dealers to call when I get the nod from the missus :)

I was just in this store today, they are a 5 Star dealer and have a great selection. I'm fortunate to have this store close by but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them online. Lance Threet is my guy there, he always does me right.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thread here. I live in a fairly remote community. All my guitars except pawn shop types have been purchased sight unseen. I have a few books and vids on setup. I've been lucky I guess in that all have been great with very minor tweaking.

I bought the three I currently own locally (wherever that happened to be at the time). All of the current bunch though I got used and were found at Mom & Pop places. Big advantage I had was I got to take all three home to test drive before I had to make a decision to buy or not.

I bought Gibsons (and many other guitars) from GC, online, a store in Wichita, Ks I can't remember the name of (EW Shorts I think, or some name like that), from people I've met in here, and from individuals in this area. I have no issues with GC. There's a store less than a mile from me and a Musicians Friend warehouse about 6 miles from me. Makes playing guitars and buying or returning very easy. If I order a guitar and it's coming out of the warehouse here, they'll let me go down and pick it up.

The store in Wichita KS is called EM Shorts Guitars, part of Wichita Band Instruments (google them). They are fantastic! They will not be undersold, will give you fair prices on their good work, will bust their butt for you in person, over the phone or via email. Ask for Lance and tell them Jesse Watson and MP sent you! EM Shorts is a class act.

Depends. Sometimes from one of the three local GC, sometimes online or even traveling interstate if I spot and can swing a deal which I combine with a short holiday away from Canberra. The last has seen me in Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide and other places.

Archived