Gibson Brands Forums

Please Be With Me

MorrisrownSal

Good job as usual Sal. The CW does sound nice ... a good strummer I'd say. I didn't know this song as a Clapton thing but I can't remember who's version I know. I'm thinking Pure Prairie League.?. Any Board members know who else covered this song?

EDIT: I found it ....... I first heard it from an obscure band named "Cowboy". They were part of the Capricorn Records artist .... think Allman Brothers.... Think early 70s and Macon, Georgia. . In fact Greg played slide Dobro on the version I know. The song was written by Scott Boyer. Check out this version:

Check out the group. It's good early country/rock.

Just hyper fine there, Sal - One of my all time favourites and you definitely carry it home. Such a brilliant and soulful song.

Regarding the guitar, I'm glad you made the switch. It sounds crisper to these ears, , , and more real -

in fact extremely close to a bulls eye contemporary square G after my book.

What a nice way to end the weekend.

White wine in the glass ~ Cheers

How do U experience the difference yourself, , ?

Thanks fellas....jalex, Avery...

JDD, I think all these guys palled around in Florida and Georgia. I think Allman plays slide on the Clapton track too. I know Eric is known for his blues, his Martin 000-28... But his country rock vibe was special.

Buc, I have Curt Mangan PB lights on the guitar. It's the first time I have tried these strings on anything. They seem an awful lot like EJ16s, which is not a bad thing.

EM7... This guitar defies logic for me. "It shouldn't sound good" because of the adjustable saddle, but I love it. The bone saddle delivers more low end than the TUSQ. I sanded it a tad, and I have the action right where I want it. I think next string change I will try Sunbeams, or maybe this set of Santa Cruz strings I bought. Anyways, thanks for the compliment, and enjoy the wine.

Thanks fellas....jalex, Avery...

JDD, I think all these guys palled around in Florida and Georgia. I think Allman plays slide on the Clapton track too. I know Eric is known for his blues, his Martin 000-28... But his country rock vibe was special.

Sal, Indeed they did. In fact Clapton famously brought in D. Allman to play on the Derick and Dominos project ...... resulting in a golden product. If ya'll don't know "Layla and Other Love Songs", get it. It is an important part of Rock 'n Roll history.

Archived