Gibson Brands Forums

That dark one again

E-minor7

Think it will be in place to give the darkie a shot here. It is clearly still rather tight and not broken in at all. But sounds pretty promising, if you ask me.

In fact good tho not particularly birdish.

Give it a few years and it'll begin to sing, , , , eventually fly.

Now most of you won't understand the language (neither do I), so move to 3:10 and enjoy.

Ouh, , , and do notice the little hovering orange friend almost have an eye. .

Dark E.C. 2016 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiG2XuXHkTI

O dear I'm going shopping finally for a hummingbird or J200 today , I just hope that one of these isn't on the wall next to a normal one because I thought it sounded pretty good really. Nice sounding when fingerpicked , I can see that it has been voiced for the more, dare I say it modern playing styles . The only thing I don't like is the internal label ( an plain orange one would have looked better ) and I miss the binding . Thanks for posting rolleyes.gif

O dear I'm going shopping finally for a hummingbird or J200 today , I just hope that one of these isn't on the wall next to a normal one because I thought it sounded pretty good really. Nice sounding when fingerpicked , I can see that it has been voiced for the more, dare I say it modern playing styles . The only thing I don't like is the internal label ( an plain orange one would have looked better ) and I miss the binding . Thanks for posting rolleyes.gif

Ah- the binding. 'Knew there was something making it look more monochromatic than just the Cobraburst (they're calling this the Ebonyburst) treatment. Might've been a little less so with tortoise binding.

58Relic: actually hoping there is one in the shop for you to try today. . . see if that reduced body depth is the partial culprit for what Emin7 is hearing as a tight, not-yet broken in guitar. And as to your impression it might be more a fingerpicker; the body depth, while it might compromise some of that classic Hummingbird warmth, could be better in the projection department.

Hummingbird Dark specs

a predicament!

hard to argue with the words J and 200 tho...

Archived