Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AXE®

How Many Guitars do You Own?

Three Gibsons, two Fenders, one Squire bass, one Taylor acoustic, one Takamine acoustic and a Steinway piano plus a bunch of keyboards. It think that's it for me...

Well... I didn't realize one might add instruments as "guitars" were they not ... uhhhh ... guitars.

Besides my sweet little mixed blood guitar family, I've a five-string banjo, a couple of mandolins, one of which was made by an old friend about whom I once wrote a long newspaper piece; a banjolin circa the turn of the previous century and an old fiddle with a skull and crossbones someone painted on the back several generations ago.

I manage a bit with the mandolins, but the similarly tuned fiddle turned into an odd sort of challenge. I figured that since I had the mandolin/fiddle tuning figured, the fiddle shouldn't be that much more difficult. When, however, the cat determined to vomit on the living room carpet each time I made an attempt at Ragtime Annie, I discovered that fiddling most likely was not an indication of my better judgment.

After fretting a bit on such an imponderable, I determined that I'd stick with guitars.

I own 2. I actually used to own 3, but my baby sister broke my crappy Lawren classical about a year ago (just as well, it was really old and almost useless...). So, I own a 2006 Squier Bullet Strat (my first electric, which has been disassembled and is ready for sanding and then refinishing blah blah blah) and a 100% stock (for the time being) 2007 Gibson SG Special Faded 3-PU (Worn White).

two:

ES-335

washburn ea-20 festival series, the old one that my mother gave me the money for. not a bad guitar, it sounded good with the fishman. Right now it's at home after several years of professional tours and touring.

And right now a Gibson hd.6x, but it's borrowed, so it doesn't counts.

5... + one that will arive at this months end (will post pics as soon as she is here).

2 get used on a daily basis, the other 3 are in their cases crying.

I used to have 15 but sold most of them in a period of 2 years, where I would sell one to buy another or sell 2 to buy 1 or sell 1 to buy 2... most were cheap (under 600 bucks) so I dont think they matter at all.

I've got about 60 guitars and basses...And no...I'm not kidding....Bought a bunch while workin' for Guitar Center, and got free ones over the years through endorsements...I'm building 2 right now.

I've got about 60 guitars and basses...And no...I'm not kidding....Bought a bunch while workin' for Guitar Center' date=' and got free ones over the years through endorsements...I'm building 2 right now.[/quote']

Thats the same excuse me friend use when he buys a new guitar.

I would classify mine as a collection and i do try to play everyone 1once or twice a week. to keep the # unanimous i have upwards of 20 guitars. However most of them are project guitars and have been heavily modded. Also i have had 4 stollen from me at gigs and one of them was a les paul traditional.