Gibson Brands Forums

Talk me off the ledge!

BirdMan81

Seriously contemplation a J45 Vintage to keep the Hummingbird company?!? GAS! Gas!gas!

I highly doubt anyone on this forum is going to try and talk you out of it....myself included. Life's to short go for it [lol]

Yer askin the people that opened the window and pushed you out there to talk you off the ledge?

I don't even own a Gibson acoustic and I can't talk you out of a nice J-45.

rct

As an alternative to the J-45, may I suggest the Sheryl Crow SJ. Same as a J-45 , but with SJ appointments...obviously. This specific guitar has the highest accumulation of my favorite cosmetic appointments that I have ever found in any guitar of the Gibson line. It is also my best modern guitar, not far behind my all original 1942 J-45.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Round-Shoulder/Gibson-Acoustic/Sheryl-Crow-Southern-Jumbo-Special-Edition/Specs.aspx

Lars

p.s. If you are like me and don't particularly care for having Sheryl Crow's name on your guitar, the label easily comes off [thumbup]

It's like asking the people on the Dunkin' Donuts Forum to help you with your diet.

It's like moving to Louisiana so you can cut back on seafood.

Yea man, I'M going to help talk you out of a J-45......

I wasn't sure I needed to post in this one, looks like there's plenty of "help"...

I can only add, I procrastinated for a long time over the purchase of a J200.... as I waited for the right moment, the price of the instrument increased significantly. The right moment never arrived. Then this spring, due to some fortunate circumstances, I found myself with some funds to spare.

I still was in angst a bit, finally after a final yea or nay discussion with my wife, who was behind the idea, I decided to see if I was able to work out a reasonable deal with the guys at Seetwater, which I felt that I had, and I pulled the trigger. I've had the J200 for four months now, and I still get a spark when I open the case, pull it out.. which I am sure that I do daily. After a setup, it's easily the best guitar I've ever or will ever own. No regrets.

My point is... If you really want a J45, and you have the $means$ to do it.. go for it...

At the end of the day, when it's all said and done, we only regret things we did not do.

The only thing I can add Birdman, is that knowing how you feel about your Bird and not wanting to put a single scratch on it (and getting an Epi copy of it to bang around), you may want to consider a standard. Still a GREAT guitar, worthy of treating it with the same love, but maybe easier for you to take out somewhere or let the little one at least look at it. Plus it is stage ready, even if you don't like the pick up in it, it would do the job.

Archived