Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ginger Moell

Deckadance LE

Guest Ginger Moell

We are trying to go from the demo of deckadance 2 to the LE version. How do we do this?

LE edition is a special version used only with controller bundles. At this moment it's only available for some Behringer controllers and old bundles. It's not possible to go from demo to LE except in the case that you have any of the controllers bundled with DD LE.

Is there a different method of MIDI Mapping in the Full Version than in the LE Version? The LE voucher mentions a MIDI mapping of some sort is available when upgrading to the complete version of Deckadance 2.

I ask because when mapping my controller, it retains the original mapping, underneath my mapping, causing multiple controls for a single function. If I drag the script from the appropriate folder to another location, I believe it leaves the controller vacant of functions; this way I can map everything to my liking.

My issue with this is, the CMD PL-1 allows for four deck control. In order to map that, I imagine I need to write the script, because there's no MIDI learn button for multi-deck switching otherwise.

Thank you,

- Kevin

If you are using the last version of DD then the MIDI mapping is the same for the LE and the rest of editions. In the past, you weren't able to modify the mapping in the LE edition (this changed since version 2.50). The Behringer voucher is old nowadays.

What you can do is to edit the MIDI script file for the CMD PL-1, just comment the lines (commands) that you don't want to be executed by the script and then you will avoid conflicts with the MIDI learning section. For example let's going to imagine that you want to cancel the pitch bend nudge buttons, then you would open the "CMD PL-1.c" file and would disable the following lines (...bold lines):

void OnMidiMessageReceived(const string &in name, int status, int data, int value)

{

// show device controller name

//log(name);

// check device controller

//if(name.findFirst("CMD PL-1") == -1)

// return;

// stack

float param1 = (value > 0) ? 1.0 : 0.0;

float jog_value = float(value) - 64.0;

float delta_value = (value < 0x40) ? -1 : +1;

int deck_index = status & 0x0F;

// NN's

if((status & 0xF0) == 0x90 || (status & 0xF0) == 0x80) {

switch(data) {

case 0x23: if (value > 0) set(PLAY_PAUSE_A + deck_index); break;

case 0x22: set(CUE_STUTTER_A + deck_index, param1); break;

case 0x20: if (value > 0) set(SYNC_LOCK_A + deck_index, 1.0 - get(SYNC_LOCK_A + deck_index)); break;

// case 0x26: set(PITCH_BEND_NUDGE_MINUS_A + deck_index, param1); break; // you comment and disable this line adding "//" at the beginning of the line

// case 0x27: set(PITCH_BEND_NUDGE_PLUS_A + deck_index, param1); break; // you comment and disable this line adding "//" at the beginning of the line

case 0x24: if (value > 0) set(LOOP_MOVE_BACKWARD_A + deck_index); break;

case 0x25: if (value > 0) set(LOOP_MOVE_FORWARD_A + deck_index); break;

void OnTimerCallback()

{

// deck bend -

// (get(PITCH_BEND_NUDGE_MINUS_A + deck_index) > 0) ? sendMidiMessage(midi_status, 0x26, on) : sendMidiMessage(midi_status, 0x26, off);

// deck bend +

// (get(PITCH_BEND_NUDGE_PLUS_A + deck_index) > 0) ? sendMidiMessage(midi_status, 0x27, on) : sendMidiMessage(midi_status, 0x27, off);