Gibson Brands Forums

Keith Richards. The origin of the species.

Wee Davy

Looking forward to it and love him. I noticed during the week he had another pop at the fabs saying they couldn't cut it as a live band. Always feel they were in awe of the Beatles success and it grates on them to this day. I hate way they've tried to write Brian Jones out of the story. If it wasn't for his passion at the start him n Mick would never have made it out of that Edith Grove flat they nearly rotted in.

I hate the Corporate side of them. They're like A trade mark and have been for years. The greed took over as the money rolled in. I listen to 'em every week bit it's always 63 to 72. They lost relevance for me after that. They"re releasing a new blues-based album soon so hopefully it will be a return to roots so to speak.

Now I have to read the book! What turned you off?

It's been quite a while since I read it, but in general, he came off to me as a boastful egomaniac, who disses a lot of folks while presenting himself as always in the right. After getting through about 7/8 of the book, I actually trashed the thing - a form of revenge for having wasted so much time reading his drivel.

Imho, the one really significant thing Richards participated in (which of course he mentions), is spoon feeding American blues back to goofy teenagers like me in the USA in the mid 60s, and helping to give exposure to so many fine blues musicians. The Stones have always deserved a ton of credit for that.

I watched it and was vaguely disappointed...not sure why... [unsure]

For anybody who dislikes Keef for any reason...it is important IMO to regard him as an off-the-wall comedian who has lived an intense and somewhat cloistered circus life for the last 50+ years.... :blink:

Surviving the alcohol/drug intake to a ripe old age

Will be a subject for serious study and discussion for generations to come.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

I watched it on TV, it was Ok but there is so much of this blast from the past stuff that the film showed nothing new. It think it would have been better if he talked more about his musical influences.

For someone who saw the Stones many times at The Marquee I do fine this milking it for all it's worth a bit hard to take. The current exhibition in London at £25 is far too much money.

Having said that Richards book is excellent you will enjoy it Sal.

I liked Keith's take on things. I think just about anyone that is always told how great they are or that they are God would come through it with a vastly different perspective and a big head. For all we know even God has a big head from being called God! But maybe that was just the Old Testament God.

Archived