Gibson Brands Forums

Will be getting an Epi soon

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

I had not ordered any new guitars since my 2014 000 28k .

After a series of emails with Jeremy at Fuller's Vintage Guitar, I decided to get one of the new Epiphone Olympic Archtops in Honeyburst.

It does not come left handed but they will convert the guitar for me.

JC

Sweetwater had one yesterday..a Zenith or something like that. I had never seen or heard of them. Very different beast..it would take some adjusting the bridge down for me. I do really like the sound and yeah that guy plays the hell out of it. Congratulations on you purchase you will love it , I would guess.

They sure have sex appeal, don't they? At about 1:09 in the second video above there's a good acoustic chord strummed, no amplification. It's the sound hole model and it does have that arch top sound.....a bit thin, but tight and loud. For amplified stage work these sound quite nice and would be their main application, I'd think. Like the guy said in the video: I'd look pretty good on stage with this.....

Let us know what you think after you've settled with it!

That new line of Masterbilt Century Epiphone archtops does look mighty tasty and a lot of guitar for the bucks. If I had not recently finished putting a 1950s Epi Triumph Regent back on the road, I might be looking at one of the new round soundhole archtops. In fact, I still might go and give one or two a good look-see. I have never bought a new guitar so one of these might just be my first.

After a series of emails with Jeremy at Fuller's Vintage Guitar, I decided to get one of the new Epiphone Olympic Archtops in Honeyburst.

Very cool! We need a full report, with pics, audio, video....[biggrin]

Archived