Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Snob here

lazarusvt84

After reading most of the posts here, I must say that, regardless of anyone's feelings about SG player, that is one of the finest looking SG's I've seen.

With regard to the original topic of this thread; I've owned a Les Paul Custom and currently own an old ES-330. I also own an Epi Les Paul Plus Top Pro and used to have an Epi Korina '58 Flying V. I think that if you can afford a Gibson, buy it but, if you are a mere mortal for whom money is an issue; Epiphone makes a fine instrument for the price. My Epi Les Paul is very nice; nicer than a lot of recent Gibsons I've tried. So... that's my two cents. Peace!

It is indeed a very pretty SG that SG Player owns.

Johnny

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate the dialogue, Johnny.

And appreciate your rough background.

I guess it is true that we have found ourselves in an overly-politically-correct society anymore.

And I admit that I enjoy being plain-spoken and honest.

Even if that honesty comes with a prickly price tag.

(That of being nearly-constantly guilty of offending somebody.)

The truth is this;

I have turned a LOT of women upside-down over the years, and none of them have looked exactly the same.

I only trotted out the story of that advice offered to me all those years ago as some sort of corollary to the pissing contests I witnessed earlier in this thread.

(Gibsons versus Epiphones, etc)

So, in essence, I politely withdraw my earlier (admittedly-offensive) posting.

And ladies, I salute you and your unique and wonderful under-sides.

[wub]

Sparky I too appreciate the dialogue and appreciate that this didn't spin off into some nasty bit of internet trash.

I'll also agree to salute the ladies :)

Johnny

Are those copies made in China ?

When will you grasp the concept that Epiphones are not copies. An Epiphone SG IS an SG, just as an Epiphone Les Paul IS a Les Paul. If you don't believe me ask Tony Iommi! If they were just a copy, he wouldn't have a signature model with both Gibson AND Epiphone would he?

So please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, bugger off and leave us alone. We like Epiphones, that why we're here, on an EPIPHONE forum. So if you decide to stay amongst us, lay off the Epiphones are cheap Chinese copies and are crap. Yes they are more affordable because they don't use the (toxic) nitro coating and all the other cosmetic gubbins. If you think that they are crap, what does that say about your beloved Gibson in allowing them to be sold? Also, before you really slate all Chinese things, remember the electronics in Gibsons are also from China...

When will you grasp the concept that Epiphones are not copies. An Epiphone SG IS an SG, just as an Epiphone Les Paul IS a Les Paul. If you don't believe me ask Tony Iommi! If they were just a copy, he wouldn't have a signature model with both Gibson AND Epiphone would he?

So please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, bugger off and leave us alone. We like Epiphones, that why we're here, on an EPIPHONE forum. So if you decide to stay amongst us, lay off the Epiphones are cheap Chinese copies and are crap. Yes they are more affordable because they don't use the (toxic) nitro coating and all the other cosmetic gubbins. If you think that they are crap, what does that say about your beloved Gibson in allowing them to be sold? Also, before you really slate all Chinese things, remember the electronics in Gibsons are also from China...

yer feeding the troll again brutha...

:)

Are those copies made in China ?

Actually these two SGs were Korean made. Funnily enough looks like you've modded yours to be as close to mine as you can get with the white pick guard and ABR bridge. Before you go off about the Abr I know you used a Fabre aftermarket which also uses inserts rather than mounting directly into wood (just like my EPI). So you've copied my SG, except I've got 3 buckers so actually have more sound combinations available than you do. Best get out the router and buy another pick up.

Johnny :)

yer feeding the troll again brutha...

:)

I know, it's just after a day in IT Support dealing with an endless stream of f**kwits, I let my frustration get the better of me. I should know better ](*,)

So to everyone else here, I'm sorry for responding to him making him think he needs to post other stuff. For a moment I forgot I was dealing with someone who feels the need for the last word, constantly. [blush]

I know, it's just after a day in IT Support dealing with an endless stream of f**kwits, I let my frustration get the better of me. I should know better ](*,)

So to everyone else here, I'm sorry for responding to him making him think he needs to post other stuff. For a moment I forgot I was dealing with someone who feels the need for the last word, constantly. [blush]

LOL!!!

I feel your pain, I too work as an IT support type and have for many years.

you know it's not all what it's cracked up to be in the MIT Technical Institute commercials is it? hahaha! (hey, some one has to know how to make this crap go right??)

at least he posted a different SG photo this time right????

LOL!!!

I feel your pain, I too work as an IT support type and have for many years.

you know it's not all what it's cracked up to be in the MIT Technical Institute commercials is it? hahaha! (hey, some one has to know how to make this crap go right??)

at least he posted a different SG photo this time right????

Glad to se there's someone out there that understands... I often wonder what stse the world would be in if all us IT techies went on strike for a week.

I love the ads here in the UK that say you can earn shed loads of cash being a support tech. I've been at it for 20 years or so, and have yet to find this pot of gold. Sorry to hear it's the same Stateside.

happy-emoticon.jpg

I was only joking. It's just that you were getting on my nerves being a d!ck to all the Epiphone players. It's not cool man [thumbdn] If Epiphone sucked I would have sold all mine, but I didn't because they are great. I currently own 10 modern Epiphone's, 20 Gibson's, a few Fenders and other assorted guitars, so feel I can honestly say my Epi's are very good guitars alongside my Gibson's.

One of the nicest Epi's I have is a 2010 ES 175. It plays great, sounds great and I have gigged with it in the past too. Here's a slightly blurry picture of it next to my Gibson ES 175.

IMG_1413_zpsakszkjwy.jpg

Archived