Gibson Brands Forums

David Gilmour Rattle that lock tour

awel

As for my last post I was a bit disappointed with Joe Bonamassa show, I think I have to let you know that I have seen the best show I've never seen.

David Gilmour with the Ratlle that lock tour has stopped in Belgium and it was amazing, he played song from his solo records as well as Pink Floyd classic.

Started with the song 5:00am for which he used a P-90 gold Les paul with a Bigsby ... gave me chills

then he switched from his beaten black strat to a beaten tele, but the show was full of emotions, never felt like that about a show.

the guy is 70 and he played 2h45 min

I wish you could all see him live.

I wasn't into Rattle That Lock (or any Floyd from The Wall and later really) but any opportunity to see Gilmour would be amazing. Glad you enjoyed it [thumbup]

What Floyd songs did he play?

Money, Time, The great...on The sky, hey you, wish you were here, comfortably numb...

Saw him back in the 80s without Waters, think it was the Lapse of Reason tour.

I love Gilmore. I like some of his solo stuff but i like Waters solo stuff way more.

Gilmore is best with Floyd no doubt about it.

But that's just me.

The wife gave me tickets for our anniversary back in 2010, I think it was, to see Pink Floyd do the Wall concert. I thought before that concert that Paul McCartney with Linda in Ames Iowa was the best concert I've ever seen. But Pink Floyd definitely topped it with the wall. Incredible with all their lasers and building the wall on stage. The blimp flew around over the audience. For The Brick in the Wall, they had a large puppet as the teacher and with a bunch of children on stage singing their part. Slowly the band members disappeared behind the wall with I think it was David Gilmour appeared on top of the wall playing Comfortably Numb. Wow, that's a concert I will never forget. It was so amazing! Just the music could rock you to sleep. And then there were all the theatrics.

Archived