Gibson Brands Forums

New Joe Bonamassa Pre Order

Californiaman

Gotta admit. I own nothing he has ever done.

Dude can play!

But I own nothing of his and I couldn't name a single song.

pretty easy to fix..

try "Different Shades Of Blue" for something "newish" (or Blues of Desperation which was released in March of this year)

try Black Country Communion's second album for something that's a departure from the blues stuff.

1470188164[/url]' post='1788567']

Um...Um... Me either.

I third that. I've just heard about him this year because he's all over face book. Facebook people claim he's the greatest guitar player alive. That's saying something in the light of Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour. Is David still alive?

Facebook people claim he's the greatest guitar player alive.

it's not a good idea to believe everything you read, even if it's on the inner-net...

there's no such thing...

that said, I do fully believe that he is one of the top dogs in the business at the moment. but there's quite a number of these already.

Any claim like Joe is 'the greatest guitarist alive' is total nonsense, as there is no 'greatest guitarist'...but, I do enjoy some Bonamassa. Like some others here, I myself can't name any of his tunes and I don't own anything by him, but I have watched parts of his concerts online and enjoyed his playing very much - great stuff!

I did see an annoying comment saying he was more successful than BB King [thumbdn] Why do people always compare? He may have had more albums in the higher end of the charts than BB, but who cares? Charts are meaningless anyway.

I third that. I've just heard about him this year because he's all over face book. Facebook people claim he's the greatest guitar player alive. That's saying something in the light of Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour. Is David still alive?

From what I can tell he is a ridiculously good player but not quite my cup of tea.

David Gilmour is still alive and seemingly well. Rabs posted a pretty interesting documentary about him recently

i´ve never been a fan of bonamassa, yes he´s a hell of a guitarplayer but pretty boring, until i saw this :-)

Even the song is spot on, great guitar tone and playing, very nice, thanks for sharing!

Wow!! That's some kickin' music. Adding the horns reminds me of Stevie Ray Vaughan's Live at Carnegie Hall album.

Always been a fan of Bonamassa, plus a very cool guitar. You know you've made it when the fret board of your guitar has your name carved in mother of pearl...[thumbup]

Archived