Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duketofu

Midi Scripting Commands for Launchpad Mk2

Guest Duketofu

So, I have been scripting a Launchpad mk2 and I can't find the command for a volume up and down and tempo/pitch up and down. I checked the dd commands but it doesn't say anything about volume up and down separately, same for the tempo/pitch. I think it's designed for the faders, but I only have buttons to do it increase/decrease volume and tempo. And I can't figure out how to make the circle buttons of the first row above light up(the same LED command I use for all other 64+ button work, but not for the first row when I had them successfully scripted to work as directory and shift commands. And for Loop move forward and backward, I can't fix the button that does that to light up when it already works as commanded. Can someone help me?

About the pitch and volume:

set(PITCH_A, get(PITCH_A) + 0.01); // tempo increment... change the value 0.01 for different resolutions
set(PITCH_A, get(PITCH_A) - 0.01);  // tempo decrement

set(VOLUME_A, get(VOLUME_A) + 0.1); // volume up
set(VOLUME_A, get(VOLUME_A) - 0.1); // volume down

About loop move forward and led at the same time you can write something like:

if(value > 0) {
   set(LOOP_MOVE_FORWARD_A); 
   sendMidiMessage(?, ?, on);
}
else {
   sendMidiMessage(?, ?, off);
}

Guest Duketofu

Thanks! I got the pitch and volume working by adding "if(value > 0)" and "break;". I can't get what you gave me for loop move forward LED feedback to work. DD keeps on giving error about value not being set. But I followed through the Hercules DJ Air's script and put

(LOOP_MOVE_BACKWARD_B == 1) ? sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x24, on) : sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x24, off);
      (LOOP_MOVE_FORWARD_B == 1) ? sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x25, on) : sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x25, off);
      (get(LOOP_MOVE_BACKWARD_A) > 0) ? sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x20, on) : sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x20, off);
      (get(LOOP_MOVE_FORWARD_A) > 0) ? sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x21, on) : sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x21, off);

I don't get any error this time, but it still won't work too. And how about for the volume and pitch up and down LED feedback command? Can I know the command too to keep the shift buttons to stay as if it is pressed so I won't have to press the shift button every time? The commands for the shift buttons are set to:

if(status == 0xB0 && data == 0x6D) {
     if(value > 0) {ShiftA = 1; return;} else {ShiftA = 0; return;}
   }

if(status == 0xB0 && data == 0x6E) {
     if(value > 0) {ShiftB = 1; return;} else {ShiftB = 0; return;}
   }

Would there other commands besides "return;" so that it button doesn't return to being unpressed?

Sorry I should have explained it better, the led can be turned on/off in the "OnMidiMessageReceived" function too (...but it's not recommended). So that, the idea is to turn on the led on when you press the button and turn it off again when released (...all handled in the same function).

void OnMidiMessageReceived(const string &in name, int status, int data, int value)
{
   if((status & 0xF0) == 0x90 || (status & 0xF0) == 0x80) {
switch(data) {
           case 20: 
               if(value > 0) {
                   set(LOOP_MOVE_FORWARD_A); 
                   sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x20, 0xFF);
               }
               else {
                   sendMidiMessage(0x90, 0x20, 0x00);
               }
               break;
       }
   }
}

If you want to handle the shift button like a toggle button then do the following (...you don't need to use return here, I guess):

if(status == 0xB0 && data == 0x6D) {
     if(value > 0) ShiftA = 1 - ShitftA;
}

hi, I like to work withe the midi-controller-app "AUTOMAP 4 " by Novation to play with my LAUNCHPAD and build with it own "Midi-Scripts".

The only thing therefor I have to know : can you tell me the origin / native list of midi-controller-numbers (or notenumbers) which is installed???

like: play deck 1 = controllernr. (CC) #001

play deck 2 = controllernr. (CC) #035 .....for example

I'm amusician (Keyboarder) and know a lot of midicodes, so I would like to create my own setup

PS: And, by the way: How can I increase the database-speed? by looking for songs I have to wait between 5- 10 sec !! (ca 750Gb music...)

Thx

Torsten

hi, I like to work withe the midi-controller-app "AUTOMAP 4 " by Novation to play with my LAUNCHPAD and build with it own "Midi-Scripts".

The only thing therefor I have to know : can you tell me the origin / native list of midi-controller-numbers (or notenumbers) which is installed???

like: play deck 1 = controllernr. (CC) #001

play deck 2 = controllernr. (CC) #035 .....for example

If you build your own MIDI script then you can assign whatever note that you want to the different functions. I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.

And, by the way: How can I increase the database-speed? by looking for songs I have to wait between 5- 10 sec !! (ca 750Gb music...)

750GB of Music, that's insane :-). How many songs are in your library? If you click the search icon in the playlist you can select the different fields to "search in", the less number of fields the faster it will provide you the results.

thx for the fast reply. I will test a little more with "novation Automap" because of using the LED-colors on the launchpad... I will tell you.

Yes, 750Gb is really much... I collect over years without order and structure - now I've got the mess, but it's my fault :unsure:

My old BPM-Studio is incredible fast...

By the way, looking for a new conroller: "NUMARK MIXTRAK 3" is provided by Deckadance? (maybe with protocol of "Mixtrack pro II"??) seems to be a fine solution...

Greetings

Torsten

My old BPM-Studio is incredible fast...

In theory DD's database should be really fast. I don't understand the big delay in your case. Did you try to filter the search fields?

By the way, looking for a new conroller: "NUMARK MIXTRAK 3" is provided by Deckadance? (maybe with protocol of "Mixtrack pro II"??) seems to be a fine solution...

It looks pretty similar, so that, it should be doable to transform the old Mixtrack pro II to the new one.