Gibson Brands Forums

Stevie Ray on a 12 string

Dennis G

Got this as part of an email regarding MTV bringing back the "Unplugged" series. One of the clips they included was SRV, and he's playing f'ing 12 string like it's...well, see for yourself...

He really plays the heck out of that F412, doesn't he? My style's a little different. [biggrin]

Nicely done Cougar! It's well worth a listen, if you haven't alerady, folks!

Thanks, Dennis. I generally prefer upbeat, rhythmic music, but that first piece by Stevie Ray is, shall we say, frenetic!

Thanks, Dennis. I generally prefer upbeat, rhythmic music, but that first piece by Stevie Ray is, shall we say, frenetic!

Cougar,

Thanks for posting your 12 string performance, it was very enjoyable. The old Guild sounds great, what year is it? My Alvarez is now 12 years old and is sounding better every year, but of course, I think Guild makes the best 12's. [thumbup]

The old Guild sounds great, what year is it?

Thanks, Doug. You know, my own old geezer brain is a little hazy on this, but that cut may have been the plugged-in Takamine 12. The bass string is not as well balanced as on the Guilds. That piece basically inspired me to get a Guild 12. I got the deal of the century on a perfect condition Corona built 2002 JF30-12 teardrop sunburst. Super sweet guit! A couple months ago I snatched a ridiculously priced 2007 Tacoma built F412. Also a fantastic guitar. I've got to get electronics put in that baby....

I hated MTV but I always made a point of seeing who was on unplugged. I remember SRV being on it. Neil was on there a couple times, and Joe. After a couple years though it became less "unplugged" and lost its appeal.

Cougar, damn!

That was great man!

Well done. Great job.

Loved that!

Archived