Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Tman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! It is everything the American Standard Telecaster is except the Jazzmaster/Jaguar body. You're right Caps. Looks very Indie to me. CookieMonster the shape is why I got it! I love it and it is comfortable as hell to play. Been playing it incessantly. Has a custom shop vintage bridge pickup and twisted tele neck pickup. Bridge is a modern take on the vintage with intonatable saddles.

I still have and play my black V and now these 2 will join the Firebird and be my bright side to the dark side V. :rolleyes:[biggrin]

IMG_0881_zpscw1hlzqr.jpg [biggrin]

CookieMonster the shape is why I got it! I love it and it is comfortable as hell to play.

Now don't get me wrong it's a beautiful axe as everyone here agrees but I guess it's the calling it a Tele that plays tricks with my old geezer brain matter.

Would love to play one though.

Thanks folks! I'm typically a Gibson guy and love the overdriven sound of a bridge position Gibson humbucker through a tube amp. Lately I've been going for clean and either quacky (strat) or now twangy with this all but looks Tele. Through Blackface circuitry, I have found heaven in my guitar sound (at least for me!). [thumbup]

Wow, thats nice indeed....thanks for giving me gas again!!!

Anything I can do to help the cause I will try to do.

Don't check out the other colors available. No need to exacerbate the pain....... :unsure:

I so love these; Fender need to do this as part of the standard line, methinks! I would love to be in a position to be able to buy one - might have to make one!

Looks like a stunning guitar, Tman; make she bring you much and make a lot of noise!

I so love these; Fender need to do this as part of the standard line, methinks! I would love to be in a position to be able to buy one - might have to make one!

Looks like a stunning guitar, Tman; make she bring you much and make a lot of noise!

I can certainly do the noise part!

There are a lot of options where you can build one for sure. Warmoth is one. Cool stuff!

Congrats on the new guitar. She's a beauty.

I am not a fan of the standard Tele only because that broad, flat top with no relief on the upper part for your strumming arm is uncomfortable. Having the Tele sound/settings in an offset body is brilliant.

Archived