Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Tman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wouldn't say that if you played one. The offset body (Jazzmasters and Jaguars) is the most comfortable design.

I'm sure it is very comfortable.

Like my nonreverse Firebird is shaped quite similar and a joy to play!

Plus this is a brave move, because as the saying goes: "You can't hide behind a Telecaster"

I like the body style.... Like a Telemaster!

I mean Teles are great but once you have one, or two, or three...

"No honey, this is a different guitar altogether!" [biggrin]

[laugh]

I like that... "Telemaster"!

And yes.... "But honey... this is a semi-hollow body. I need it, because all my others are solid bodies!" (she rolls eyes).

[laugh]

And yes.... "But honey... this is a semi-hollow body. I need it, because all my others are solid bodies!" (she rolls eyes).

I've gone as far as "This is a single coil pick up whereas my others are humbuckers."

I'm sure it is very comfortable.

Like my nonreverse Firebird is shaped quite similar and a joy to play!

Plus this is a brave move, because as the saying goes: "You can't hide behind a Telecaster"

I love the look of Firebirds; it is the Gibson offset. My favorite has to be the non reverse with 3 P90s. Sadly, I have never played one.

If you do an internet search you can see all kinds of takes on the Firebird. Some cats will do a Firebird/Jazzmaster/Jaguar hybrid.

30ed1c2d.jpg

Mrs would say "But your tele has humbuckers in it."

rct

My Mrs has become fairly sophisticated. She called BS when I tried to tell her that there was a difference in tone between single and double cutaways in an effort to justify a purchase. [scared] I should have stopped with pickups.

My Mrs has become fairly sophisticated. She called BS when I tried to tell her that there was a difference in tone between single and double cutaways in an effort to justify a purchase. [scared] I should have stopped with pickups.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I am lucky, I don't have much justification for a guitar buy. She's pretty sure that if I say I need it, I need it for something. She hates the trading though. I just traded three for one, she was pretty ok with that one because she knew I didn't need the three that went out, and even she knows what a nice Martin is.

rct

Not struggling to play one. I've played jags and firebirds. I'm talking about a guitar that shape being called a Tele. It's just not right man!

Yeah, this beauty will needle traditionalist.

Not struggling to play one. I've played jags and firebirds. I'm talking about a guitar that shape being called a Tele. It's just not right man!

A lot of people have been building these as partscasters calling them "Telemasters". Fender used the idea, they should have taken the name too. It doesn't make sense. Maybe one of the aftermarket body/neck makers trademarked the name? Wouldn't that be ironic!

The thing I struggle with is the body style sans vibrato tailpiece. That Jazzmaster/Jaguar tailpiece is lots of fun. The stability of the Tele bridge has it's own perks though.

Looks to me like a JM body and the rest is Tele. What is the offset about?

You know I don't know either. When I first got their advertisement email of the magnificent 7 that this is a part of, I wondered what does offset even mean? Then after a few weeks when I went to look for the email, I couldn't find it because I couldn't remember the name.

I just know it's American Standard Tele guts and neck with a JM body.

And I also know that I am really really digging it. [thumbup]

You know I don't know either. When I first got their advertisement email of the magnificent 7 that this is a part of, I wondered what does offset even mean? Then after a few weeks when I went to look for the email, I couldn't find it because I couldn't remember the name.

I just know it's American Standard Tele guts and neck with a JM body.

And I also know that I am really really digging it. [thumbup]

The Jazzmaster, Jaguar, and Mustang all have an offset waist where one side is higher than the other (unlike the Strat, Tele, etc which have symmetrical waists).

If you look at the headstock of these models it has a little logo that says "offset contour body" (sorry it's a little worn off on this example)

B441BC41-7A62-4139-A9CA-E2D3FFE99EC2_zpsgkvaehwk.jpg

I don't think the ashtray cover will fit the six saddle bridge

EDIT : just saw you actually have the 3 saddle bridge it should fit sorry bout that

The Jazzmaster, Jaguar, and Mustang all have an offset waist where one side is higher than the other (unlike the Strat, Tele, etc which have symmetrical waists).

If you look at the headstock of these models it has a little logo that says "offset contour body" (sorry it's a little worn off on this example)

B441BC41-7A62-4139-A9CA-E2D3FFE99EC2_zpsgkvaehwk.jpg

I don't think the ashtray cover will fit the six saddle bridge

EDIT : just saw you actually have the 3 saddle bridge it should fit sorry bout that

Thanks man, great stuff here, I learned something [thumbup]

Nice! I'm jelous. I don't like you anymore! :lol:

Come on over to California and play it! [biggrin]

Archived