Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (Well used but new to me)

RevDavidLee

Just from the appearance alone I had to grab this one up and play it. I knew nothing about Boulder Creek guitars until today. It plays like a dream and sounds absolutely heavenly - both acoustically and plugged in. First some pictures:

BoulderCreekSolitaire1_zpsf8ifpg5n.jpg

BoulderCreekSolitaire4_zpsqwddyfs1.jpg

BoulderCreekSolitaire5_zpsei1z7luf.jpg

BoulderCreekSolitaire3_zpsxgezgu9g.jpg

BoulderCreekSolitaire2_zps45ij65i2.jpg

BoulderCreekSolitaire6_zpsbecdbtsu.jpg

Stunning to look at but even more stunning tone. I'm going to post a link to a review on these guitars below but feel free to google them if you're so inclined. This was an absolute FIND for me today. At $395 it was a steal. Beautiful condition, the action is superb, the tone is to die for - and it projects sound like no other I can compare it to - and boys - I have some wonderful & costly examples in my guitar brothel so I do have ready access to reference this statement. What a wonderful surprise and a delight to add to my collection.

I played it in the store both with, and without an acoustic amplifier. Obviously so impressed I threw down the money and brought her home. Now if you'll excuse me - I have to go play her some more. Happy Saturday! [drool]

Here's the link with a video for more info:

http://www.bouldercreekguitars.com/portfolio-item/premier-guitar-video-review-of-the-boulder-creek-solitaire-guitar/

Interesting, can't say i've seen a sound hole on the side of a guitar like that before.

Sound port. Some even put them in traditional acoustics, in addition to the usual soundhole. Lots of hair pulling and angst about doing it to something even a little expensive. Sometimes in AGF they are brought to tears with the uncertainty of doing it.

NICE GUITAR REV!

rct

Thanks folks [wink]

I love days like yesterday because after all the gear purchases I have made over a lifetime, it's hard to surprise me. What surprised me most about this guitar was not the unusual sound hole on the side but the way it sounded unplugged. I assumed it would have to be plugged in to be heard very well with no sound hole in the front - I was wrong. I like that enlightenment that makes you go "wow" that's awesome! By the way it also sounds superb plugged in too. :)

I applaud your adventrousness, Rev! I don't know if I could have... appreciated that guitar if I had found it. To me, an acoustic without a sound hole in front is like a face without a mouth.

Glad you are happy with your find!

Congratulations Rev Dave, that is a beauty and it sounds great..How is the weight? I am curious natuarlly due to the aluminum rods. The cost was shocking. Have fun.

The aluminum rods have no effect on the weight - aluminum is very lightweight. As best as I can tell with my digital scale the guitar weighs 4.25 pounds :)

Pretty cool guitar. I don't believe I've ever heard one of those.

Me either before I saw it. But capmaster - who is very worldly by all measures said: "Among players, Boulder Creek guitars are widely known over here but not very common". So that's all I needed to hear [biggrin]

Archived