Gibson Brands Forums

Your Style And Pups

robertscott

Since the time of Freud, there has been talk of phallic imagery in musical instruments...

Guitars are self explanatory

Saxophones have a long history of causing 'weak at the knee syndrome' in female members of the audience.... [thumbup]

The didgeridoo, on the other hand, by it's size and colour comes into a totally different category.... :blink:

V

:-({|=

PS....I play saxophone...(works for me).... [biggrin]

PPS....Almost forgot to mention I play didgeridoo too.... [thumbup]

Erotic? This is the peer review. Classical science. SCIENCE, I tell you!

:D

Okay.

Here goes..........

Chapter One

Lt Commander Schuyler Fairchild fell painfully to his knees and rested his palms on the artificial surface of the playing field. The vista of stars reeled by, outside the arena’s viewing portal. He blinked, and then closed his eyes to steady himself.

"Have you had enough?" his opponent queried in a calm, measured tone.

"Just getting started," the Operations Officer wheezed. "Give me a second to stretch out this kink in my trapezius, and I'll finish you off directly."

And just for show, he executed a slow series of maneuvers designed to lend the illusion of nonchalance. As he rotated his neck in lazy circles, he prayed that his vision returned to normal soon, or else this match would be over very soon.

Playing one large Dzelosian in a no-holds barred round of Arena Ball was tough enough, but seeing two of them compounded the difficulty factor a bit.

"Sky, you have lost last three games in a row, you lose also water now from what you humans refer as your 'forehead', and,"

the large purple Maintenance Officer observed as he rested his racquet on the midfield net pylon,

"My third eye detects a mico-tear in your starboard kidney organ. I am surely that you are going to urinating blood tomorrow."

Sky squinted up at his opponent with one sweat-filled, stinging eye and pondered this bit of information.

"So you're giving up then? I was just getting my second wind. If you are scared of being defeated by a being half your size, I guess I can understand. But I thought your people were made of tougher stuff."

He struggled deliberately to his feet and extended his right hand in a gesture of sportsmanship. "I tell you what. We'll call this a draw, and I'll play you later on in the week when you are feeling more robust."

Kharman barked out a soft series of trebly exhalations that passed for laughter.

"Yes, that is probably the best thing, for all the parties concerned."

He slowly compressed from his full height to a more compact and amiable form. His paw grasped Sky's hand in a surprisingly tender grip and shook it in a genteel manner.

"You are a formidable adversary. I have much to learn from you in the art of speaking combat. "

"VERbal combat, Kharman," the Ops Officer corrected. "Umm, it’s another way of saying, bullshittting, you know? We talked about bullshittting last week."

Kharman digested and catalogued this nuance of the English language, and nodded.

"Yes, Commander Fairchild, you are very so much the master bullshittting ver-bal combater."

"And don't you forget it," the injured officer agreed at last. "Let's go get something to eat."

Sky offered no further corrections on this day. Dzelosians had an enormous aptitude for absorbing alien language and culture, but had difficulties with colloquial phrases and the subtleties of humor.

Just then, the intercom crackled with a transmission from the bridge.

"Commander Fairchild, the skipper wants to see you. And hurry will you? He's in an anxious mood today."

Sky rested his hand on the intercom switch and replied, "No problem Lieutenant, I'll be right there."

He then turned to Kharman and speculated, "Do you think they finally found it?"

The Dzelosian had settled down to a more sedate shade of pink by this point, and seemed pensive.

"Perhaps, so," he replied. "I only hope you are not dis-a...appointed at what it is you have found."

Sky secured the cover over the intercom switch, and nodded in deference to his friend’s wisdom.

“Yeah.” He nodded once more, and then chucked his friend’s flank with his racquet. “Yeah. Thanks for the game, buddy.”

With that, the two friends parted company at the corridor outside the Arena.

[omg]

Sparq,

Give up your day job. I'm impressed.

You should definitely pursue the writing thing.

Yes.

We want Chapter 2!

Will Mildred master the antigrav before Burge is unmasked?

Can Dr Zugheim save Larassa and the children?

Has the kid got style?

(gulp).....don't know...yet!

I have the 490/498s in my studio. I really like them.

but was curious to see the difference between the 57's and burstbuckers. I was looking for a video on youtube for a comparison but couldn't really find anything of interest.

I will make sure my next purchase has different pick ups to what I am using.

OK, I have 490R/498T in my 2014 LP Custom and 2016 SG Standard T and I like them both. Got 59 Tributes in my Fort Knox LP and they are awesome by far, the neck pickup especially has that woody tone. 57 Classics in my 2014 ES-335 Satin, very good tone. Burstbucker Pro 1 and 2 in my 2013 LP Standard Plus and they do everything. My Favorite though is the 59 Tribute in the Fort Knox LP, second is the LP Custom with the 490R/498T and I do a lot of Credence with them. I like them all though.

Archived