Gibson Brands Forums

Do You Spend more time on this forum than you do playing guitar?

ilovegibsons

I spend more time here than with my guitars but thats because I am logged in 24h/day so I can hop in and see what's new every 5 minutes... (Im in front of a computer 75% of my work day). I only get to play guitar at night.

+1... sucks.

Unfotunately, more time on forums when the temp dips to less than 55 degrees. I'm in Florida, and my studio has no heat (who would'a thunk)

However, when temps are up in the 70's +, I'm there. 55 to me is cold and I won't even think about playing out in the studio.

On the positive note.....I get schooled here on numerous threads....so .......no loss on my part

I get the feeling that for some of the people here, music is their life and livelihood, and the time they spend playing is an investment in their art and future. There's a larger number here who THINK music and guitars are their life but are just enjoying a nice fantasy. And there are some, like myself, who will tell you that life is not simply about guitars or forums (fora). No more so than it's about motorcycles, guns or dogs. They all have their place in my life, just like guitars. But they don't define me. I gotta go get my hands dirty now...you know, pay some bills, earn my keep. =P~

I get the feeling that for some of the people here' date=' music is their life and livelihood, and the time they spend playing is an investment in their art and future. '](*,)

Yep and it is a pain in the @$$ when you don't make much, and to compound that you have to pay bills then fix your stuff. Couple years ago i could not afford to fix half my guitars. i even had to sell 5 of them.

I spend more time here than with my guitars but thats because I am logged in 24h/day so I can hop in and see what's new every 5 minutes... (Im in front of a computer 75% of my work day). I only get to play guitar at night.

+1

Archived