Gibson Brands Forums

2011 Studio

pauly

I had a guy in here tell me he had gigged 10 years with the 490/498 before he switched. He said he deeply regretted the 10 years he wasted playing the dreaded pair. I was stunned by his statement but I knew exactly what he was talking about. There are a lot of guitar players out there who use 490/498 who would sound better if they'd swap pickups.

Not if they are happy with how they sound. The guy that spent ten years unhappy with how he sounded was just stupid.

rct

I had a guy in here tell me he had gigged 10 years with the 490/498 before he switched. He said he deeply regretted the 10 years he wasted playing the dreaded pair. I was stunned by his statement but I knew exactly what he was talking about. There are a lot of guitar players out there who use 490/498 who would sound better if they'd swap pickups.

Well then that guy was an idiot, why would anyone play a guitar they are unhappy with for 10 yrs? Waiting for that magic moment to strike? unless its just a story.....

I own and have played many many LPs, but MY Custom just sounds and feels like home.

You dont like ém fine, doesnt mean you have to bash them, especially to new players, go play your BBs or 57s or whatever floats your boat.

Johnny

Archived