Gibson Brands Forums

My first Les Paul Standard

Gibson Artist

Ive been trying to look in to this.. (not really much info about it around)

It seems that 2010 Les Paul Standards are often referred to as a 2010 2008 spec Les Paul Standard [rolleyes]

If you try to look up specs for 2010 all you see is 2008 specs (which they are)...

All very confusing... Mind you in that way I am kind of right when I have always referred to my Standard as a 2008 Les Paul made in 2010.... Its sort of right but not...

Well, that was normal for a long time. It's rather the fast moving business nowadays confusing me sometimes. Changing guitar models every year seems to be a fad currently. [mellow]

You're welcome, mate! [thumbup]

When about neck profiles, BigKahune is the man. This one was provided by him several times in the past. The modern asymmetrical Gibson necks are thinner than the one shown here bottom right and are closer to the Slim Taper pictured right above it:

Neckshapez.jpg

This is how thick it is. As you can see, not very thick at all and for a guy only 5'8 thats perfect lol. In my opinion it looks closest to the modern flat oval on the bottom left.

14060517_10209330129986904_2053314164_o_zpsdoaxtada.jpg

There is an asymmetrical Slim Taper neck on my SG Supra. To my senses it feels fine. The only thing to consider is mounting my Shubb C-1 capo upside down due to the neck shape, otherwise buzz will occur. If I use my capo at all, that is - I do very seldom. :)

Yes, it is quite light, when i picked it up i was kinda surprised how light it was so im guessing its chambered. While i would prefer one that is not weight relieved is it a make or break thing for me? Absolutely not! But, it does seem to have a nice slim neck which does please me very much! All in all i love it! I just wish i knew what the pickups were?

Good ones, that's what they are.

rct

Archived