Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement pickguard problems....

zippy

Has anyone else purchased an after market pick guard replacement, only to find out that none of the holes line up?

And it was supposed to be an original aftermarket piece?

I was pi$$ed, due to the fact that I had searched for quite some time to find it and then come to find out it didn't work at all!

Holes didn't line up whatsoever.

Anywho........still using the original

If you don't want to jerk around trying to figure out which pickguards will work you can try this guy.

http://www.pickguardian.com/pickguardian/

Tony Dudzik, the owner has made exact replica vintage pickguards for me, and the quality is top notch.

You can send him your pickguard, or a tracing, and he will make you whatever you want.

Well worth it, and no headaches at all.

www.wdmusic.com they have everything for every guitar and bass.

Don't assume that WD pickguards fit.

I bought one for an SG that did not fit, and there was no way to know from their description.

They gave me a hard time when I sent it back, but they eventually made good on it.

It was not worth the grief, and they charged me more for a custom drilled one than Pickguardian would have.

I'd rather get one made by Pickguardian that I know will fit, and is better quality than anything that WD sells.

Don't assume that WD pickguards fit.

I bought one for an SG that did not fit' date=' and there was no way to know from their description.

They gave me a hard time when I sent it back, but they eventually made good on it.

It was not worth the grief, and they charged me more for a custom drilled one than Pickguardian would have.

I'd rather get one made by Pickguardian that I know will fit, and is better quality than anything that WD sells.

[/quote']

+1

Stay away from WD pickguards.

I had one for my SG Std, and many holes didn't line up

including the ones for the saddle. It took them 2 weeks

to ship it.

Try this place. I got a pickguard for my Strat, and all 11 holes lined up:

http://www.terrapinisland.com/estore/

Archived