Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeff G

Activation code "no application set to open"

Guest Jeff G

I just bought decka dance2 software for my behringer cmd studio 4a decks, and it is telling me, when i submit the activation code, that there is no application that can open the document. Basically, I have a username and password and have tried to activate the code I got, and cannot due to this problem. Please help!!!!

jeff

Hi Jeff,

Are you following these steps? You need to generate the CRQ file from DD and then upload it to the activation website, once submitted your browser will download the DAT response file, finally you have to import the DAT file into DD.

Guest Jeff G

Hi Jeff,

Are you following these steps? You need to generate the CRQ file from DD and then upload it to the activation website, once submitted your browser will download the DAT response file, finally you have to import the DAT file into DD.

It still has not worked for me. Is there anything else you can do to get my serial number? Thanks.

Guest Jeff G

I bought the standard version and its saying "offline activation". Is there any way I can reach you in a private chat to fix this problem. Thank you.

I would prefer to solve the problem here because it can be useful for other users too. You said in your las post that you have bought DD Standard edition (...from the Cakewalk store I guess). Ok, then follow the steps below:

1) Start DD and go to Preferences->Registration. Press the "For STANDARD Edition" button. One file will be created in your desktop with a name similar to "083116_1710_dd2_activation_request" (the first numbers will be different because they represent the date/time generation of the file).

2) We are still in the Preferences->Registration window, now press the "Activation Website" button. Once pressed your web browser will be opened automatically and you will be redirected to the "http://www.stantondj.com/deckadance-2-activation.html" website. Log in with your Cakewalk email and password. Once logged press the "Select a file" button in this website. You will be prompted to select a file, you have to select the file created in your desktop in step 1 (..."083116_1710_dd2_activation_request"). Press the "Submit" button.

3) Your web browser will generate a new file (...activation response file) and will start to download it... just remember the place where this file is downloaded in your computer. Go one more time to DD's "Preferences->Registration" and now press the button "Import Activation Response". You will be prompted to select a file... here you have to select the file generated by the web browser in the step 2 (...activation response file). Now, your DD software should be registered. Restart DD's application optionally to make sure that the registration has been done correctly.

Some images for the website in step 2:

post-71939-094085900 1472657234_thumb.png

post-71939-066522500 1472657223_thumb.png

post-71939-026323500 1472657213_thumb.png