Gibson Brands Forums

Where are the explorers ???

rory_gallagher

For the last half a year or so i've been desperately searching for a gibson explorer 76 CLASSIC WHITE but NO european online store has any in stock (but most american stores have them). I've contacted them by phone or email and they've told me that gibson sends them very few of them and not many times a year.

Doing a little bit of research i've heard a lot of rumors about gibson discontinuing the model,having poor european distribution and generaly a lot of stuff.

Does anyone know what's happening for sure? and more importantly : where can i find one in europe?

Last I heard, they were slowing down production a little to increase demand in the long run. I can imagine that they;ll just get even harder to find in Europe. I seriously doubt they'll be discontinued as the Explorer isn't exactly one of the lesser known members of the Gibson family, but they do this occasionally to keep demand up.

Yep, Gibson does not make Explorers all year round. Even here in the States I had to wait 6 months for my natural explorer. They had them in stock in stores around the country but not anywhere near Nashville.

I also see that they must have only made one batch of natural explorers because they are not available in a lot of places.

Every time I see a video of the Gibson plant and how they make guitars I see Les Pauls, SGs, Vs, Firebirds but never Explorers.

Keep looking and it will happen, but you are going to have to be patient. Good luck.

Archived