Gibson Brands Forums

Melissa

Buc McMaster

Nice, Buc.

I moved to Lake Charles, La. in the early 80's after growing up in the East (Phoenix) Valley in Arizona. We had open format radio in Arizona for many years.

I got a job at a Country radio station in Lake Charles and used to slip that song into the mix during my show. It worked so well I began slipping in Charlie Daniels, Jerry Jeff Walker, even some Skynyrd and ended up with a very popular show before moving into construction where I could make some real money.

Nice job and some good memories.

I listened again. Closely. With my new Bose cans.

This is so excellent in its simplicity, and perfect vocals. Also, through the cans and watching the video, you can appreciate the complete knowledge of the Bird that Buc has. He just knows how hard/softly to play to match his vocals, and catch the right mood. Really great stuff.

Thank you, folks! Appreciate your listening very much!

great job on a great old tune. Nice, seem to come easy for you.

Not really. Persistence. And it's never as good as I'd like it..............

I listened again. Closely. With my new Bose cans.

This is so excellent in its simplicity, and perfect vocals. Also, through the cans and watching the video, you can appreciate the complete knowledge of the Bird that Buc has. He just knows how hard/softly to play to match his vocals, and catch the right mood. Really great stuff.

Wow. Thank you, Sal. [blush] I do try to put some dynamics in the guitar.......when I remember to do so! This is strumming with a BC TPR50, a rounded inflexible pick.

Great take, Buc! Very smoothly done.

What is that mic in the video - is it on or just for staging? I ask because I prefer to sing IN a mic instead of across the room at a video/mic, but that has its own whole set of foibles, like syncing the track.......

BluesKing777.

The mic is a Blue Yeti stereo USB, plugged right into iMovie on the Mac........live as performed. Never have spent anytime with Garageband to do anything more than this simple setup.

Thanks again fellow Gibson strummers!

Thank you, folks! Appreciate your listening very much!

Not really. Persistence. And it's never as good as I'd like it..............

Wow. Thank you, Sal. [blush] I do try to put some dynamics in the guitar.......when I remember to do so! This is strumming with a BC TPR50, a rounded inflexible pick.

The mic is a Blue Yeti stereo USB, plugged right into iMovie on the Mac........live as performed. Never have spent anytime with Garageband to do anything more than this simple setup.

Thanks again fellow Gibson strummers!

Ah, so the video is recorded from the lens on top of the screen? Looks very good! Though maybe easier to move a camera outside if you want to film the birds, for instance..... [scared]

I disable my lens, not paranoia just don't want to be seen without my Raybans.......

BluesKing777.

I do not post much on this forum as I feel my knowledge and abilities are beneath the talent here. I cannot tell you why a guitar sounds good or one singer or another sounds good.....I only know what I like.

My hat is off to you sir.. your video has drawn me back to watch it several times. Love the guitar, great voice, and an all around fantastic job on this song. It is one of my favorites of all time and your cover has to be one of the best I've ever listened to.

Absolutely outstanding....! Thank you!

Archived